The Intrepid Foundation has launched an emergency appeal with the Australian Red Cross to provide emergency relief for communities affected by the crisis in Ukraine.
Intrepid’s not-for-profit organisation has provided an upfront $50,000 donation towards the appeal.
At least 660,000 people have been forced to flee from their homes and these numbers are expected to grow significantly in the coming days and weeks. Many people who remain in Ukraine do not have access to water, electricity and are seeking emergency shelter. This is an urgent humanitarian crisis.
Red Cross teams are stationed on the ground in Ukraine and surrounding countries to provide first aid, supply medicine and equipment, food, water, shelter and essential items, and repair vital infrastructure.
All administrative costs are covered by Intrepid to ensure 100 per cent of donations go directly to the Red Cross Ukraine Crisis Appeal.
Individuals, as well as travel and tourism companies that are in a position to donate, are urged to do so.
The appeal is accepting donations now: https://www.
Intrepid has cancelled all trips in Ukraine and Russia for the foreseeable future as the company focuses focus on supporting people on the ground.
Edited by: Stephen Morton
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation