Hurtigruten Expeditions has announced that it is now offering a series of unrivaled Grand Expedition Cruises, with the three 2023 pole-to-pole cruises to go from the far north to the far south.
They include classic destinations such as Alaska, Greenland, Iceland, South America, Antarctica, and the Northwest Passage, as well as crossings including the Arctic Circle, Drake Passage, and Panama Canal.
Hurtigruten Expeditions CEO Asta Lassesen said, “These are undoubtedly the most unique and exclusive expedition cruises we have ever offered in our 126-year history, and we believe these are the ultimate expedition cruise experiences”, adding, “These extraordinary voyages will showcase some of the most spectacular nature and wildlife on our planet and offer authentic encounters with unique cultures,” said
Hurtigruten Expeditions previously had announced two pole-to-pole cruises for 2022, both of which have sold out.
With the Fridtjof Nansen and Roald Amundsen will be offering the new itineraries, Hurtigruten Expeditions’ new Grand Expedition Cruises series, in addition to the three pole-to-pole cruises, provides a wide range of month-long journeys.
The company’s pre-and post-cruise services, also offer trips to sites like Easter Island and Machu Picchu, allowing guests to extend their journeys even further.
Karin Strand, vice president of expedition said, “Exploring several of the most remote and unique regions of the planet for anywhere from one to three months, some only accessible by small expedition ships like ours, make the guests on these Grand Expedition Cruises true modern explorers.”
As with other Hurtigruten Expeditions trips, the new pole-to-pole adventure cruises include a large onboard expedition crew with specialists hand-picked for each route, with Lassesen adding, “Our onboard colleagues’ sharing of passion and knowledge, and expertise of the areas we explore, is the core of the Hurtigruten Expeditions experience,” and “Bigger expedition teams mean more of everything – more experts, more knowledge, more activities, and more options for our guests”.
Edited by John Alwyn-Jones, Cruise Editor
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation