Albatros Expeditions has marked the successful keel laying of the Ocean Albatros, the sixth vessel of SunStone’s series of Infinity-class newbuilds, and Albatros’s second in the class.
The Keel Laying Ceremony of the ship CMHI 196-6 took place at China Merchant Heavy Industries in Haimen, with the new vessel to be on a year-round charter next to its sister ship, Ocean Victory and the expected delivery date is March 2023.
Albatros is also pleased to announce the new leadership team of Greg Carter (formerly Chimu Adventures Co-Founder) based in Australia and Sebastian Arnoldus, who returns to the Albatros Family in Copenhagen after working as a Risk Manager in a private equity firm.
Albatros Expeditions are evolving into a major Antarctic operator with two of the most advanced ships in its fleet with award-winning facilities and itineraries. Ocean Albatros will be deployed to discover the waters of the Arctic and Antarctic regions, as well as many exciting new destinations in-between, from May 2023.
The vessel features three restaurants, a wellness area, an Albatros Nordic Bar, an open deck dining facility, a modern lecture lounge, and other state-of-the-art amenities. Unlike the Ocean Victory, the Ocean Albatros will also offer a unique panorama sauna and a total of 12 dedicated solo travel cabins.
The vessel will have more than a 50% lower carbon footprint than traditional expedition ships while also adapting to the Green Initiative Program, ensuring absolute comfort and sustainability for guests.
Albatros Expedition’s Chief Commercial Officer, Greg Carter, commented: “We are thrilled that our second state-of-the-art infinity class vessel is under construction. In these challenging times, nothing is easy. Still, it shows our commitment to greener cruising, as well as our resilience and financial security in the midst of what has been a difficult two years for the industry. Albatros Travel’s 35 years of operation hold us in good stead for a more sustainable future for our partners and passengers.”
Edited by John Alwyn-Jones, Cruise Editor
- Online Slot Machine Strategies – How to Beat them
- The best smartphone games to play while on vacation
- Work and play: how to safely work on your vacation
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys is Back with Two Ways to Earn
- Jetstar and Indigo partnership goes live
- American Airlines Announces Agreement to Purchase Boom Supersonic Overture Aircraft, Places Deposit on 20 Overtures
- New series reveals Sydney has all the ingredients for the ultimate holiday
- Centara appoints experienced Centara hotel manager for the group’s first address in Bangkok’s historic district
- ‘Cowra’s Canola Tours and Blooming Attractions’
- Da Vittorio Launch at Reverie Saigon Redefines Italian Fine Dining in Vietnam