Oklahoma Tourism, with partners Brand USA, United Airlines and Visit Grapevine, has launched a unique competition in which agents and travel industry peers can showcase their musical talent with their own rendition of a song from Rodgers & Hammerstein’s classic musical, OKLAHOMA!. One winner will be flying to the state on a road trip for two, as well as semi-finalists having the opportunity to sing to a live audience during a celebration event to mark the return of international travel. #OKHereWeGo.
The COVID pandemic has shown how resilient and talented our tourism industry community is. Many of us have had to broaden our skills or turn to some of our other passions and talents to ride the COVID wave. This March, Oklahoma Tourism and partners Brand USA, United Airlines and Visit Grapevine, want to show Australia that international travel is back and give the stage to agents to sing all about it at a one-performance only talent show highlighting the songs from Rodgers & Hammerstein’s classic musical, OKLAHOMA!
The Sydney-based event will take place on 18 March – marking two years since international travel came to an abrupt halt – with four brave and talented performers from the travel industry to bring some of the musical’s renowned songs to life.
For the chance to join the performance, agents and members of the travel industry should submit a short 60-90 second video including 30-60 seconds of you singing one of the classic songs from Rodgers & Hammerstein’s OKLAHOMA!, along with a short message on why YOU want to visit Oklahoma. For inspiration, songs from the musical can be found here: https://open.spotify.com/album/3JctweW8WZzHbU8gw0J8NP
Four brave and talented winners will receive a trip to Sydney with two nights in a hotel and a spot in the line-up for the Australian travel industry’s revival of OKLAHOMA! the musical. This includes time with a professional vocal coach ahead of the performance, and make-up and costume support to help them feel like a star.
During the event, one of the lucky performers will also be chosen (based on a panel of industry leaders and the audience) to WIN a Grand Prize of 2 x Return Economy Class Tickets flying United Airlines from either Sydney or Melbourne to DFW, with 2 nights in Grapevine, TX, before hitting the road to Oklahoma for 7 nights, where they can get their kicks on Route 66, attend a rodeo, sample some BBQ, or experience a number of other attractions the State has to offer.
Agents can learn more about the competition and enter on this link: www.linkdtourism.com/oklahoma-musical-competition-registration/
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation