New research shows over one third of Aussies are planning on trying an adventure sport in 2022.
A survey commissioned by HCF, Australia’s largest not-for-profit health insurer found many Australians are looking to quench their thirst for excitement and adventure in the new year.
Nearly half (46%) of those who want to try an adventure sport in 2022 say they want to do so to challenge themselves, 44% are seeking new experiences and for a third, it is something they’ve always wanted to do.
“January is the time when people are making resolutions and planning their bucket lists for the year,” said Kathleen Weaver, Chief Officer of Flip.
“After two years of lockdowns, not being able to travel or do many of the things we planned to, Australians are wanting to make the most out of 2022 and many are turning to new and adventurous experiences to do so.”
Other key findings include:
- The most popular adventure sports for Aussies who have tried one are: skiing and snowboarding (40%), surfing (37%), waterskiing/wakeboarding (33%), skateboarding (31%), scuba diving (27%), BMX/mountain biking (25%) skydiving (16%), parasailing (13%) and bungee jumping (11%).
- Queenslanders proved to be the most adventurous in the country with 55% having tried an action sport followed by 51% of Aussies from New South Wales while Victorians are the least likely to have tried one (43%).
- Men are more likely than women to have tried an adventure sport (55% compared to 44%).
- Millennials are most likely to say they intend to try an action sport in 2022 because they have been inspired by watching the Olympics and sport on TV and social media.
“At Flip we’re all about giving people the confidence to try something new – no matter how big or small that is, be it bungee jumping or signing up for the gym. We want to give people the extra nudge to step out of their comfort zone, but also be the safety net that gives them some added peace of mind along the way,” Kathleen added.
Flip is helping Aussies kick-start the year of adventure by giving away 3 x $500 gift vouchers from Adrenaline to use on the thrilling experience of their choice. Whether that’s skydiving, aerobatics or white-water rafting, Flip is helping Aussie’s tick-off their bucket list goals in 2022.
To enter the competition and go in the draw to win visit https://www.getflip.com.au/january-competition Competition closes 28 February 2022.
- Online Slot Machine Strategies – How to Beat them
- The best smartphone games to play while on vacation
- Work and play: how to safely work on your vacation
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys is Back with Two Ways to Earn
- Jetstar and Indigo partnership goes live
- American Airlines Announces Agreement to Purchase Boom Supersonic Overture Aircraft, Places Deposit on 20 Overtures
- New series reveals Sydney has all the ingredients for the ultimate holiday
- Centara appoints experienced Centara hotel manager for the group’s first address in Bangkok’s historic district
- ‘Cowra’s Canola Tours and Blooming Attractions’
- Da Vittorio Launch at Reverie Saigon Redefines Italian Fine Dining in Vietnam