Leading global serviced apartment brand Oakwood® continues its dynamic growth momentum across Asia Pacific with the aim of doubling its portfolio by 2025. Starting the year on a high note, Oakwood Hotel & Apartments Azabu Tokyo marks the first of 20 new openings scheduled for 2022, along with strategic partnerships to advance the fast-growing brand’s frontiers into China’s tropical southern resort island of Hainan as well as Dhaka, Bangladesh.
“As countries gradually re-open borders and the world progresses against this battle with the pandemic, we have reasons to be optimistic about the travel outlook for 2022. For more than 50 years, Oakwood has pioneered a distinctive style of hospitality that appealed to myriad needs of travellers in different cycles of their life. Starting the new year with a bang, we are confident that the opening of our 13th property in Japan, Oakwood Hotel & Apartments Azabu in Tokyo and announcement of new projects in China and Bangladesh will complement the evolved traveller’s preferences in the new era of travel,” said Dean Schreiber, chief executive officer of Oakwood. “Over the past two years, we have introduced new brand experiences to augment our portfolio and set new industry benchmarks in response to an emerging segment of sophisticated travellers who push the boundaries of traditional hospitality. Through resilience and creativity, Oakwood has learnt to speak to the post-pandemic traveller’s sense of individuality, penchant for aesthetics and quest for positive social impact.”
Opening of Oakwood Hotel & Apartments Azabu Tokyo in Japan
The opening of Oakwood Hotel & Apartments Azabu Tokyo on 14 January 2022 represents the brand’s 13th property in the land of the rising sun, fortifying its presence in the Japanese market. Designed to cater to diverse lifestyle preferences of leisure and business travellers, each of the 171 elegant apartments, ranging from studio to three-bedroom configurations, is well-appointed with a private balcony, fully-equipped kitchen and all the essential amenities to recreate the comforts of home enhanced by distinctive Japanese hospitality.
Anchored in Tokyo’s prestigious Azabu-Juban embassy district, its chic location offers an enviable base for exploration by foot to discover stylish neighbours, such as quirky cafes, restaurants and bars, boutiques that are as fashionable as the area’s residents as well as a famous traditional shopping street lined with ancient architecture and shops. For more cosmopolitan lifestyle options, a short 15-minute stroll or two-minute train ride will bring guests to the world-renowned Roppongi, Japan’s epicentre for nightlife and the arts.
The property’s opening is hot on the heels of Oakwood’s 12th property launch in Japan, Oakwood Hotel Oike Kyoto, which opened in October 2021.
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation