Australians can expect an extra special festive season this weekend without having to shell out for it, as Coles cracks crustacean prices just in time for Christmas celebrations.
From Wednesday 22 December, WA Rock Lobsters will be available at Coles Delis nationwide at just $22 each, down from $27 each in November, so customers can satisfy their cray-vings for a luxury delicacy on Christmas Day.
In selected stores across the country, Coles is also offering WA Rock Lobster tails and extra-large WA Rock Lobsters for the first time ever, while keeping the prices low for customers to enjoy ahead of Christmas.
Coles is continuing to make a splash with savings across its responsibly sourced fresh seafood range in what will be its biggest week for seafood sales this year. Customers are expected to purchase 10 times as many prawns as they would in an average week, while 40% of Coles’ annual lobster sales will be made in the days leading up to Christmas.
An abundance of Australian wild-caught and cooked prawns in the domestic market and strong partnerships with Aussie fisheries across the country is providing shrimply the best quality and value for Coles customers this festive season, including fresh cooked black tiger prawns at $27/kg.
Coles General Manager for Bakery, Deli and Seafood, Andy Mossop said after a challenging year for many Australians, celebrating together over a delicious feast is what we have all been waiting for this Christmas – and what better way to celebrate than with an abundance of fresh Aussie seafood.
“With Christmas just a few days away, we are gearing up for the biggest week of the year for seafood sales with customers buying over 70% more seafood in December compared to an average month. We are delighted to be able to make great quality and responsibly sourced Australian seafood like WA Rock Lobsters more affordable so more Australians can treat themselves this Christmas Day,” Andy said.
“Alongside our customers’ love for lobsters, our data has also revealed that prawns are our customers’ third-favourite Christmas food from Coles , and we’re delighted to offer a large variety of raw and cooked prawns for a fantastic price this Christmas.”
Some of the fresh seafood savings customers can snap up from Coles Delis include:
- WA Thawed Rock Lobsters, $22 each, available nationwide
- Fresh Australian Cooked Black Tiger Prawns, $27/kg, down from $30 p/kg, available nationwide excluding WA
- Australian Wild Caught Raw Banana Prawns, $24/kg, down from $26/kg, available nationwide
- Thawed Australian Extra Large Black Tiger Prawns $29/kg, down from $34/kg. available nationwide
- Three different sizes of wild caught Ocean Tiger Prawns, from $28/kg
- New WA Rock Lobster Tails, $20 each, in NSW/VIC/WA $22 each in QLD, available in around 200 Coles stores nationwide, please check local store for availability
- New Large WA Rock Lobsters, $50 each in NSW, QLD, WA, $55 each in VIC and SA, available in around 200 Coles stores nationwide, please check local store for availability
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience