Earlier this week, Fukuoka Prefecture represented by GTI, hosted the ‘Flavours of Fukuoka’ VIP event as part of Japanaroo in Sydney – welcoming Mr Kiya, Consul-General of Japan in Sydney, Investment NSW attendees, as well as travel trade wholesalers and media.
Guests were treated to an evening of cocktails and Fukuoka sake, a ramen demonstration, and a four-course meal at Surry Hills hotspot GOGYO – founded by Fukuoka chef Shigemi Kawahara. Whilst enjoying bowls of Tonkotsu-style ramen, a foodie favourite that originated in Fukuoka, guests learnt about the destination’s stunning natural beauty, rich culture and historic festivals and why the prefecture is a must-visit for travellers looking to experience Japan off the beaten path, distinct from other well-known Japanese favourites.
Guest speakers included Mr Kiya, Consul-General of Japan in Sydney, Mr Hironobu Furukawa, Executive Director, International Affairs Bureau, Fukuoka Prefectural Government via livestream, and Mr Michael Newman, Senior Trade & Investment Commissioner North Asia, Investment NSW.
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation