Australia’s midwinter solstice festival Dark Mofo has today announced its 2022 event will go ahead from 15–22 June in Hobart, Tasmania.
With the Tasmanian Liberal Government providing $2.5 million annually as part of the government’s fund to secure Tasmania’s iconic events, along with David Walsh’s $2.5 million underpinning, and dedicated marketing support from Tourism Tasmania, Dark Mofo’s festival organisers are working towards 2022 with renewed vigour.
“After the death of the 2020 festival, and a near death experience in 2021, we’re beginning the next era of Dark Mofo by exploring the ideas of rebirth, reincarnation, and new life,” Dark Mofo Creative Director Leigh Carmichael said.
“As the world emerges from the darkness of Covid-19, we’re hoping Dark Mofo 2022 will provide opportunities for us to reconnect and celebrate winter in the manner we’d become accustomed to prior to the health restrictions around travel and events.”
Dark Mofo’s Covid-Safe Plan will comply with health recommendations, as organisers continue to monitor the situation and restrictions closely, particularly in relation to any further travel restrictions.
The Dark Mofo 2022 program will be announced in Autumn. Sign up to the mailing list for updates www.darkmofo.net.au
Dark Mofo is a project of the Museum of Old and New Art, supported by the Tasmanian Government through Events Tasmania and the City of Hobart.
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation