As the season of giving back approaches, travelers are booking holiday trips with intent – and where better to start than your hotel? Creating and valuing positive impact as a visitor is key to responsible travel, and vital to the approach of Kind Traveler.
When a guest books their hotel via Kind Traveler, a $10 minimum donation contributes to vetted charities in the hotel’s community, creating a positive community or environmental impact. Kind Traveler’s Give + Get hotel booking platform offers guests exclusive rates and perks when booking a Kind Hotel, creating a win-win situation for each traveler and local.
“Consumers are more conscious than ever of how their travels impact a destination. Booking a Kind Hotel ensures that a traveler’s footprint leaves a positive impact,” says Jessica Blotter, CEO & Co-Founder of Kind Traveler.
Check out these cozy fall getaways that inspire positive impact:
1. XV Beacon is an arts-driven boutique hotel in historic Boston. While Boston is beautiful to visit year-round, October is an ideal time to see the height of autumn’s most impressive colors. The local charity travelers can support is Boston Rescue Mission, which provides programs to transform and empower the lives of men and women at risk or experiencing poverty, homelessness and hardship.
2. The award-winning SCP Hotel Redmond in Oregon has vegan food offerings, a minimal-plastic policy, and other eco-minded perks, plus designated onsite meditation areas. Oregon is consistently rated one of the top destinations to visit during fall for leaf peeping. The give back opportunity locally is with One Tree Planted where $10 of a Kind stay will plant 10 trees in local forests. Guests can also become a tree ambassador and plant trees in their local community once they return home.
3. The newly reimagined Flamingo Resort & Spa in Santa Rosa, California, pairs its mid-century history with a green sensibility. A Kind booking can benefit the Sonoma Land Trust, which protects and maintains the natural Sonoma landscape. Autumn is a vibrant time in Sonoma Wine Country, with endless opportunities to enjoy hikes in the colorful parks and vineyards showcasing the golden fall season. Visitors should not miss Spring Lake Regional Park.
4. Telluride’s Lumiere with Inspirato is a luxe ski lodge welcoming ski lovers and dogs. The resort embraces its stunning home with Kind donations benefiting the Telluride Foundation, which supports local families in need. Visitors can’t miss the opportunity to ski or snowboard, with the season starting in late November.
5. The LEED Gold-certified Harmon Guest House is an artsy oasis in Healdsburg, California, with complimentary yoga sessions, free three-hour bike rentals and a solar-heated pool to enjoy the best of wine country. Kind Travelers benefit Russian Riverkeeper, which preserves the historic Russian River. From early September through mid-November, fall in Sonoma Wine Country is synonymous with harvest, as grapes are picked then crushed for the year’s vintage. Visitors can experience harvest firsthand, with many wineries offering their own harvest festivals and events.
6. Historic and sophisticated Riggs Washington D.C. offers plant-based cuisine and a charming rooftop restaurant. The hotel’s culinary ethos extends to its partnership with DC Central Kitchen, which provides hot meals and employment to in-need adults. From vibrant foliage and waterfront views to family-friendly festivals, there’s an endless amount of things to see and do this fall in D.C.
7. The Inn at Discovery Coast beckons travelers to relaxation and rejuvenation on Washington’s Long Beach and near the eight-mile Discovery Trail, perfect for a nature walk. The property encourages donations to the North Coast Food Web, which cultivates the local food economy. Locals say fall is the best time to visit to avoid crowds. Visitors can walk some of the 28 miles of Long Beach.
8. Legacy Vacation Resort Indian Shores is a Certified B Corporation and a modern vacation experience just steps away from Florida’s scenic beaches and boating. The resort’s Kind donations support the For Good Movement, which aims to foster purpose-driven businesses. Indian Shores is also home to Seaside Seabird Sanctuary, a not-to-miss wildlife rehabilitation facility and tourism attraction dedicated to the rescue & treatment of sick and injured wild birds.
9. In true Virgin spirit, LEED Gold-certified, Virgin Hotels Chicago, blends quality hospitality with playful, innovative amenities, like a library, a mobile app for personalized service, patented lounge beds, and countless food options. Local charity Art of Culture Inc., empowering positive impact on Kind Traveler, provides youth with arts education and access. Travelers will fall in love with Chicago during fall — whether they want to admire neighborhood architecture, soak in the fall colors, or hear about the city’s urban legends, fall in Chicago has something for everyone.
10. The expansive and elegant Mountain Shadows Resort Scottsdale welcomes Kind Travelers to Arizona’s iconic Paradise Valley with an onsite local art gallery, health & wellness club, and nearby biking trails. Kind donations go to the Epilepsy Foundation Arizona to aid those living with epilepsy. Each fall, visitors can hike to explore the Sonoran Desert up-close or visit Scottsdale ArtWalk, home to more than 100 galleries exhibiting the finest visual art from local and international artists.
- Online Slot Machine Strategies – How to Beat them
- The best smartphone games to play while on vacation
- Work and play: how to safely work on your vacation
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys is Back with Two Ways to Earn
- Jetstar and Indigo partnership goes live
- American Airlines Announces Agreement to Purchase Boom Supersonic Overture Aircraft, Places Deposit on 20 Overtures
- New series reveals Sydney has all the ingredients for the ultimate holiday
- Centara appoints experienced Centara hotel manager for the group’s first address in Bangkok’s historic district
- ‘Cowra’s Canola Tours and Blooming Attractions’
- Da Vittorio Launch at Reverie Saigon Redefines Italian Fine Dining in Vietnam