Even in times of the pandemic, Munich Airport remains at the top of the European rankings: At the annual “World Airport Awards” of the London-based aviation research institute Skytrax, the Bavarian hub airport was once again awarded the title of “Best Airport in Europe” on the basis of a passenger survey. In the global ranking, Munich achieved an outstanding sixth place. www.worldairportawards.com
Jost Lammers, CEO of Munich Airport, is delighted that passengers around the world continue to express their confidence in the airport even in times of the pandemic: “This enormous appreciation encourages us to manage the current difficult situation and is at the same time a great motivation to strive to ensure that our airport can soon regain a top position among hub airports in terms of passenger volume as well.
In this year’s awards, Doha Hamad Airport was honored as the world’s best airport, followed by Tokyo Haneda Airport in second place and Singapore Changi in third place. The World Airport Awards were the result of a global survey of passengers from more than 100 countries conducted between August 2020 and July 2021. For Munich Airport, the accolade continues a remarkable series: the airport has been recognized as “Best Airport in Europe” for the 14th time in the last 16 years.
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation