American Cruise Lines is pleased to announce it has accepted delivery of American Melody from Chesapeake Shipbuilding on time. Despite various challenges, the Maryland shipyard continued building through the pandemic and delivered American Melody, as promised and on schedule. In addition, American Cruise Lines also announced today the names of the 5th & 6th modern riverboats—American Symphony & American Serenade. The two riverboats are slated for delivery next year.
American first introduced their revolutionary series in 2018, with the groundbreaking American Song, the 1st modern riverboat in the U.S.A. Since then, the Line has rapidly expanded the popular series, introducing 6 of these new ships in just 4 years. American Cruise Lines is the only cruise line to offer these modern riverboats for cruises along both the Mississippi River and the Columbia & Snake Rivers.
Immediately following last week’s successful Sea Trials, the brand new American Melody headed to New Orleans to ready for its inaugural cruise along the Mississippi River, an 8-Day New Orleans-New Orleans itinerary. The sold-out cruise departs from Port of New Orleans on August 27th and then American Melody will continue to operate a selection of American’s most popular Mississippi River cruise itineraries through December, including an extraordinary 22-Day Complete Mississippi River Cruise between New Orleans, LA, and St. Paul, MN.
American Melody and 2022 sister ships American Symphony and American Serenade will each accommodate 175-passengers and will be the most sophisticated and elegant riverboats available on U.S. waters. Showcasing gorgeous sky-lit atriums, multiple indoor and outdoor lounges, fitness centers, grand dining rooms, casual outdoor cafés, and dramatic open-air Skywalks, American’s 3 newest ships will also feature 100% private-balcony staterooms and suites, a hallmark of the brand.
American Melody, American Symphony, and American Serenade bring American’s overall domestic U.S. fleet to 15 small ships: 10 riverboats and 5 cruise ships. Despite the rapid growth in fleet size, American has also maintained a strong commitment to keeping the size of each individual ship small—every one of the 15 ships in their fleet accommodates fewer than 200 passengers. American is dedicated to delivering a highly personalized guest experience along all its domestic River and Coastal cruises which visit and explore in over 30 U.S. states.
American Symphony and American Serenade are under construction at Chesapeake Shipbuilding in Salisbury, Maryland, where all of the Line’s modern riverboats and small cruise ships are built. Following this year’s debut of American Melody on August 27th, American Symphony is expected for delivery next summer and American Serenade is expected at the end of 2022.
2021-2023 cruise schedules, deck plans, and virtual tours for American Melody and American Symphony are available now on American’s website (schedules for American Serenade will follow next year).
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience