Information for the tourism industry
A three-day lockdown will be in place for South East Queensland from 4:00 pm AEST today, 31 July 2021 to 4:00 pm AEST Tuesday, 3 August 2021. This includes the Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Noosa, Sunshine Coast, Ipswich, Logan, Redlands, Moreton Bay, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Scenic Rim, Lockyer Valley, and Somerset. It should be noted there are stricter conditions than in previous lockdowns, including a 10km limit for essential shopping and exercise.
Following is the information we know currently that will impact Queensland’s tourism operators and their guests:
*The lockdown also applies to any person who has been in the 11 LGAs listed above since 1:00 am Saturday, 31 July 2021, even if they are no longer in these areas.
*If South East Queensland residents are currently away on holidays in other parts of Queensland, they should monitor Queensland Health’s website for advice on returning home. They can also call 134 COVID (134 268) for advice on their individual situation.
*If people are currently on holidays in South East Queensland and need to return home to other parts of Queensland (or interstate), they should monitor Queensland Health’s website for advice on whether this is possible. You can also contact your local PHU or call 134 COVID (134 268) for advice on the individual situation for your guest.
*If you are a tourism operator in South East Queensland and are due to have guests check-in today, please make them aware that the stay at home orders will apply from 4:00 pm today, 31 July 2021. All residents of South East Queensland have been encouraged to stay home and refrain from non-essential activities such as leisure travel.
Queensland Health will provide updates on this page throughout the day, and in past lockdown situations, there have been extensive Q&As to cover many of the questions that travellers may have. Keep an eye on the page, as well as TEQ’s LinkedIn profile for further updates to assist tourism and events businesses.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience