Alain St.Ange, President of the African Tourism Board, and Cuthbert Ncube, Chairman of the Organisation mourns the passing of President Kenneth Kaunda, the founding President of Zambia.
Alain St.Ange, President of the African Tourism Board was joined by Cuthbert Ncube, Chairman of the Organisation to express the African Tourism Board’s sympathy to the Government and People of Zambia and to the Kaunda family on the passing of President Kenneth Kaunda, the founding President of Zambia.
“I have had the pleasure and the honour of meeting with President Kaunda on many occasions on my different working missions as the Seychelles Minister responsible for Tourism. He was a man of the People and as he waved his white handkerchief as his trademark sign, he ran into conferences of to the Speakers Podium always with the same grace and humility. Our discussions about Africa and the Pan-Africanism spirit was always enlightening and personally rewarding” said Alain St.Ange. the President of the African Tourism Board,
On his part Cuthbert Ncube, the Chairman of the African Tourism Board posted a message saying “Africa has lost a great State Man, a Pan-Africanist Dr. Kenneth Kaunda, the father of Zambia, may he rest in Peace. And we continue to fight for a United Africa through Tourism as a unifying sector”.
The founding President of Zambia, Mr. Kenneth Kaunda, and Mr. Alain St.Ange, the former Seychelles Minister met at the International Peace Park in Livingstone during the IIPT tree planting event to mark the UNWTO 20th General Assembly which is being organized jointly by Zambia and Zimbabwe. Both former President Kaunda of Zambia and Minister St.Ange of the Seychelles were guests of Mr. Louis D’Amore, the President of the USA-based IIPT (International Institute for Peace through Tourism Organization
Former President Kaunda and Minister St.Ange first met each other in Lusaka when President Kaunda was the guest of honour to address an International Tourism Forum alongside President Banda of Zambia.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience