United Airlines Inc. (United Airlines) has entered into an agreement with Boom Supersonic to buy its first supersonic commercial jet ‘Overture’. United Airlines is the first American airline company to go for a commercial supersonic jet, which will be based on sustainable air-fuel and will be operational by 2029. Against this backdrop, the company witnessed more than a 200% jump in influencer conversations on Twitter during the first week of June 2021 over the previous week, according to GlobalData, a leading data, and analytics company.
Smitarani Tripathy, Influencer Analyst at GlobalData, comments: “The influencers’ sentiments were largely positive on United Airlines’s decision to buy supersonic aircraft. Influencers see this as a significant step of the company towards achieving zero-carbon emissions, along with cutting the flight times to half.”
Below are a few most popular Influencer tweets captured by GlobalData’s Company Influencer Platform:
1. Atul Butte, Chief Data Scientist at University of California Health System
“Whoa! @United plans to bring net-zero carbon supersonic travel to United passengers in 2029 via @BoomAero ! https://buff.ly/3ib5BDv”
2. Talia Goldberg, Partner at Bessemer Venture Partners
“When entrepreneurs have the ambition and vision to make the impossible, possible. 2x faster + net carbon neutral. Supersonic flights.
This is the stuff that VC dreams are made of!
3. Tim Crawford, CIO Strategic Advisor at AVOA
“Whoa! United Airlines orders 15 supersonic jets to cut travel time in half — someday https://avoa.co/3uQfRU6 @united”
4. John Nosta, President at NostaLab
“I’ve never been so excited to be Global Services! United Airlines agrees to purchase 15 Boom supersonic airliners https://tcrn.ch/3w0cnQF via
@techcrunch @United #GlobalServices #travel”
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation