Qatar Airways has operated what it claims is the first fully Covid-19 vaccinated flight.
Flight QR6421 departed Hamad International Airport at 11:00 am yesterday carrying only vaccinated crew and passengers on board, with passengers also to be served by the fully vaccinated staff at check-in.
The special flight, which will return to Doha at 14:00, will showcase all the measures the airline has put in place to ensure the highest standards of safety and hygiene on board.
Qatar Airways Group chief executive, Akbar Al Baker, said: “Today’s special flight demonstrates the next stage in the recovery of international travel is not far away.
“We are proud to continue leading the industry by operating the first flight with a fully vaccinated crew and passengers and providing a beacon of hope for the future of international aviation.
“With aviation being a critical economic driver both globally and here in the state of Qatar, we are thankful for the support we have received from our government and local health authorities to vaccinate our staff, with over 1,000 vaccinations being administered per day.”
Qatar Airways is also trialling the new IATA Travel Pass mobile app.
The pass ensures passengers receive up-to-date information on Covid-19 health regulations at their destination country, as well as complying with strict global data privacy regulations to enable the sharing of Covid-19 test results with airlines to verify they are eligible to undertake their journey.
Written By Joe Cusmano
- Online Slot Machine Strategies – How to Beat them
- The best smartphone games to play while on vacation
- Work and play: how to safely work on your vacation
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys is Back with Two Ways to Earn
- Jetstar and Indigo partnership goes live
- American Airlines Announces Agreement to Purchase Boom Supersonic Overture Aircraft, Places Deposit on 20 Overtures
- New series reveals Sydney has all the ingredients for the ultimate holiday
- Centara appoints experienced Centara hotel manager for the group’s first address in Bangkok’s historic district
- ‘Cowra’s Canola Tours and Blooming Attractions’
- Da Vittorio Launch at Reverie Saigon Redefines Italian Fine Dining in Vietnam