Celebrate T21, a national organisation that supports families receiving a pre or post-natal Down Syndrome (also known as Trisomy 21 or T21) diagnosis, will host a very special Picnic Parade event on Sunday 21 March 2021 to mark World Down Syndrome Day and raise much-needed funds.
The Picnic Parade will be a very special free community event in Wollongong, and resources are also being provided so that community groups and families around Australia can take part with their own Picnic Parade events to mark this special date.
Stephanie Rodden, founder of Celebrate T21, said the Picnic Parade will be an important fundraiser, but also a great opportunity for the community to come together and connect at a fun, in-person event.
“World Down Syndrome Day 2020 was a bit of a non-event, as restrictions for COVID-19 were just coming into place and limiting what was possible. We’re excited to be able to celebrate the day properly in 2021, and to be bringing people together for a very special day out,” said Stephanie.
The Picnic Parade event in Wollongong will be held at Towradgi Public School, with a petting pen from Matilda’s Farmyard Nursery, a circus activity from Kind Art Ed, a sensory tent and a drumming workshop from Ed.U.Play and much more.
Tickets are FREE, and there are also options to purchase special event show bags and make donations, to raise funds for Celebrate T21.
These funds will be used for projects in the second half of the year, including the launch of a new Celebrate T21 photo book, and a gala ball scheduled for October 2021.
A special video has been created ahead of the event by talented videographer Bobby Kidd, to give people a preview of what to expect on the day.
Celebrate T21 is also encouraging people around Australia to take part, by hosting their own picnics on World Down Syndrome Day, and registering their event to access a free ‘picnic basket’ of promotional materials and goodies.
“This is going to be a fun and colourful event, where everyone is welcome. Come along with your picnic basket and blanket to enjoy a fantastic day out. We’d also love to see people wearing colourful or odd socks, or they can purchase socks from our sock fundraiser on the day,” said Stephanie.
Wollongong Picnic Parade event details:
Sunday 21 March 2021 10.30am – 3pm
- Travel More, Pay Less: Free Days with Swiss Travel Pass
- Scone Bar At NUO Hotel Beijing’s Lobby Lounge
- Drowning travel agents need urgent lifeline as COVID crisis takes toll
- Strong partners: AIDA Cruises remains main sponsor of the classical music festival “Festspiele Mecklenburg-Vorpommern” until 2024
- Travel Plans Can change… Enjoy More Flexibility
- AC Hotel by Marriott® Melbourne Southbank and Patient Wolf Distilling Co. mix the perfectly precise blend
- NSW Government leadership on Travel T&Cs welcome
- Carnival Cruise Line Announces That Costa Luminosa Will Transfer to the Carnival Fleet and Start Service in November 2022
- Azamara® Reveals 2022 European Voyages for its New Ship, Azamara OnwardSM
- Explore ‘Ancient Lands’ at Newly Opened Ngilgi Cave!