Following Etihad and Singapore Airlines early successes in their vaccination efforts and operation of their first fully vaccinated flights, Emirates yesterday operated its first flight with a fully vaccinated frontline team servicing customers at every touchpoint of the travel journey.
Flight EK215, which departed Dubai for Los Angeles, was safely supported by check-in, security, business and first-class lounge and boarding gate employees, as well as engineers, pilots and cabin crew who made the choice to be fully vaccinated.
Also supporting the operation were fully vaccinated aircraft appearance, loading and special handling teams from Dnata, as well as Emirates SkyCargo teams working on the cargo and logistics requirements for the flight.
The Emirates Group rolled out its vaccination drive at a pace just over a month ago, and since then, close to 26,000, or 44 per cent, of the UAE-based frontline aviation workforce, have received both doses of either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Sinopharm vaccines.
Adel Al Redha, chief operating officer, Emirates Airline, said: “Our operational workforce are at the aviation frontline, helping people get to where they need to be, and moving essential goods to global communities.
“Protecting our people with vaccinations is important – for them, for our community, for the smooth running of our operations, and also for our customers as it introduces an additional layer of protection when they travel with us.”
Nearly 5,000 cabins and flight deck crew have opted to receive both doses of the Covid-19 vaccine. Well done Emirates, this will certainly help in restoring confidence to the traveller for a quicker rebound of travel.
Edited by Joe Cusmano
- Online Slot Machine Strategies – How to Beat them
- The best smartphone games to play while on vacation
- Work and play: how to safely work on your vacation
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys is Back with Two Ways to Earn
- Jetstar and Indigo partnership goes live
- American Airlines Announces Agreement to Purchase Boom Supersonic Overture Aircraft, Places Deposit on 20 Overtures
- New series reveals Sydney has all the ingredients for the ultimate holiday
- Centara appoints experienced Centara hotel manager for the group’s first address in Bangkok’s historic district
- ‘Cowra’s Canola Tours and Blooming Attractions’
- Da Vittorio Launch at Reverie Saigon Redefines Italian Fine Dining in Vietnam