The Chedi Muscat in Oman and The Chedi Andermatt in Switzerland have each won spots on prestigious lists of hotels compiled by two leading American media brands, Forbes and Travel + Leisure.
On Feb. 16, The Chedi Muscat was named to the T+L 500, an awards compendium that Travel + Leisure revived last month after a hiatus of seven years.
Also on Feb. 16, The Chedi Muscat won a Four-Star rating, and The Chedi Andermatt a Five-Star rating, from the Forbes Travel Guide.
The T+L winners are culled from a list of hotels in the magazine’s annual, reader-driven World’s Best Awards surveys, and then hand-picked by the magazine’s editorial staff.
The Forbes ratings are determined by inspectors who stay anonymously at the hotels and rate the properties on up to 900 standards. The 63rd annual Forbes list features 283 Five-Star, 576 Four-Star and 438 Recommended hotels.
Forbes calls The Chedi Muscat a “a modern and distinctly Omani masterpiece.” Forbes says The Chedi Andermatt, is “a supersized, high-rise Swiss chalet on the outside, but the interiors deftly blend homegrown alpine-chic with serene Asian accents for a Heidi-goes-Zen look.”
In 2020, The Chedi Muscat was hailed as one of the top-five hotels in the Middle East and Africa by Travel + Leisure, and as one of the top 15 hotels in the Middle East in Condé Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice Awards.
The Chedi Andermatt also claimed placement last year on a list of the top-fifteen Central European hotels in Condé Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice Awards.
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation