Whoever you are, wherever you are, you’re welcome at W Hotels. With inclusiveness at the heart of W since it debuted over 20 years ago, the global, trailblazing luxury, lifestyle hotel brand is teaming up once again with Australia’s longest running LGBTQI organisation, the Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras, to celebrate equality and inspire travellers to rise and love out loud.
For the second year running, W Hotels will be a major partner of the Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras celebration, showcasing a playful twist on an Australian favourite in the 2021 Parade taking place on Saturday March 6.
This year W Hotels will pay homage to none other than the man in a van, Mr Whippy. W Hotels will bring back the unmistakable sound and van, reimagined as Witty & Whippy, igniting your nostalgia for parade day. Scouring the streets of Melbourne, in celebration of the opening of W Melbourne in the heart of the CBD, W Hotels will partner with Australia’s hottest award-winning drag queen DJ duo Kali Forni-Kate and Sabrina Babyslutxo of Jawbreakers to remix the iconic Greensleeves track.
“Inclusivity and equality and that sense of acceptance remains at the core of the W DNA, our doors at W Hotels are always open to all” said Sean Hunt, Area Vice President – Australia, New Zealand & Pacific – Marriott International. “We are excited to participate again in the Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras parade and continue to strive to be global leaders in promoting diversity, inclusion, equality and social justice through culture and creativity. I am beyond excited to see Witty & Whippy van and campaign come to life, with co-workers, guests and friends of the brand marching, dancing and loving out loud and proud.”
Keep your ears and eyes peeled for the wandering Witty & Whippy van on Saturday 27th February around Sydney locations, bringing the body-ody-ody to the community this Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras.
Known for defying expectations and breaking the norms of traditional luxury, W Brisbane opened its doors in June 2019, with W Melbourne following suit this month, and W Sydney in 2022.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience