Gregg H. Talley, FASAE, CAE, of U.S.- based Talley Management Group, Inc. (TMG), was recently named one of the Top 25 Influencers of the Meetings Industry by Northstar Meetings Group.
Selected by the editors of Meetings & Conventions magazine, the list features industry professionals who have exemplified creativity, innovation and leadership. For this year’s list, in the wake of COVID-19 and the increased awareness of racial injustice in the meetings industry, the editors chose leaders who responded to these challenges with solutions for the greater good. These solutions included political action and creating new standards for virtual events.
As the President and CEO of TMG, Gregg Talley’s success relies on the consultative approach he uses with clients—that currently stands at 32 national and international associations. Talley believes associations need strategic partners, not administrators, particularly in the current climate.
“Associations need to be proactive and adapt their objectives and activities to the realities of today’s world,” says Talley. “That’s the only way for associations, and their meetings, to continue to have an impact on their members and the community at large.”
Talley was also chair of the Board Congress Task Force for the 59th Annual Meeting of the International Congress and Convention Association, taking place in Taiwan this November and online. Talley was responsible for brainstorming with the board on the vision for this hybrid event, and then collaborating with the various stakeholders to deliver on the vision.
For Talley, who is also past president of the World PCO Alliance, the recognition by Northstar Meetings Group is a special one. “I know how difficult the last year has been for my clients and industry peers, but there is hope. I am honored to be counted among the esteemed leaders on the list who are exemplifying that hope. Together, we are proving that, no matter the challenges, there is always a new way of doing things, and new possibilities that await.”
Talley Management Group, Inc., (TMG) offers full-service association management services, in-person and virtual meetings and events services and association solutions consulting. Founded in 1987, TMG has over 20 full- service association clients and provides event planning and consulting services to many more. Its mission is to create stronger communities and human connections to
enhance global society.
Founded in 2009, the World PCO Alliance provides leadership in meeting management through the delivery of streamlined and effective meetings around the globe. The Alliance’s mandate includes the collective exchange of education, technology, and other information for the mutual benefit of the industry and ensuring the effective global promotion of its clients’ events. The organization is comprised of 20 chosen, quality PCOs in the meetings industry from around the world.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience