For the fifth consecutive year, Travel + Leisure readers have voted Viking to the top of its categories in the 2020 World’s Best Awards, which were announced yesterday by the publication.
Viking was named the #1 Ocean Cruise Line for ships carrying 600 to 2,199 guests and one of the World’s Best River Cruise Lines. Since the launch of Viking’s ocean cruises in 2015, the company has been named a #1 Ocean Cruise Line every single year.
Travel + Leisure is the largest travel magazine brand in the US and its annual ‘World’s Best’ awards are considered amongst the most prestigious in the world. Since 1995 its readers have been asked to cast their votes for the World’s Best in cruising with considerations in the following cruise features: cabins/facilities, food, service itineraries/destinations, excursions/activities and value. The full results of the 25th annual awards can be found here.
“It is an honour to be voted a #1 ocean cruise line for a fifth consecutive year,” said Torstein Hagen, Chairman of Viking.
“While we may not be travelling together at this time, Viking remains focused on the future and continuing to expand our fleet with more award-winning ocean and river ships, as well as new expedition vessels. When the time is right, we look forward to welcoming our guests back to exploring the world in comfort. Thank you to our guests and readers of Travel + Leisure for this prestigious award.”
Viking is also the proud recipient of a number of recent accolades in Australia and New Zealand, including Cruise Critic Australia 2019 Editor’s Pick for Best Luxury Cruise Line for Value; Cruise Passenger Magazine 2019 Reader’s Choice Award for Best Cabin Design; and Signature Luxury & Travel Magazine’s 2019 ‘Best of the Best’ Luxury Cruise Awards for Ocean Ships (more than 750 passengers).
Today’s announcement follows the recent “float out” of the company’s seventh 930-guest ocean ship, Viking Venus – marking a major construction milestone and the first time that the new ship touched water. Scheduled to debut in early 2021, Viking Venus will spend her maiden season sailing itineraries in the Mediterranean and in Northern Europe and will join the an award-winning ocean fleet of sister ships, which include Viking Star , Viking Sea , Viking Sky , Viking Sun , Viking Orion and Viking Jupiter.
Earlier this year, Viking announced it will launch Viking Expeditions, with two purpose-built 378-guest vessels, Viking Octantis and Viking Polaris, debuting in 2022 to sail voyages in the Arctic, Antarctica and North America’s Great Lakes. Also in 2022, Viking will launch its highly anticipated US river cruises, with the debut of the 386-guest Viking Mississippi, sailing between New Orleans and St. Paul.
For additional information, visit vikingcruises.com.au or phone Viking on 138 747 (AU) / 0800 447 913 (NZ).
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience