JAMAICA, Heartbeat of the World, has curated a care package to refresh the spirit and allow travelers to virtually experience its vibrant culture. Available through VisitJamaica’s Instagram and YouTube channels, the destination is offering an array of music, at-home-recipes, DIY spa treatments, and social media games, recreating Jamaica’s sights, sounds, and tastes for its travelers until the time is right again to travel.
Music lovers can jam to uplifting tunes from the “Every Little Thing is Gonna Be Alright” Spotify playlist. The lively and rhythmic compilation of Jamaica’s most beloved songs is a reminder to keep our heads high with hits from Bob Marley, Jimmy Cliff, Beenie Man and many more.
Puzzle Packs, Jamaica’s new interactive game on Instagram, has users guess a popular location in Jamaica by matching nine picturesque pieces to complete the puzzle. A new puzzle pack will launch each week for a month where five lucky winners will be chosen per week to have the chance to win a Vacation Box filled with goodies to help unwind and chill, ‘Jamaican style.’ The Puzzle Packs are set to launch on Thursday, June 11th.
Aspiring home chefs and mixologists can try out new recipes and cocktails from renowned Jamaican chefs to add a little bit of the island to their kitchen. Recreate the two-time Food Network Chopped Champion, Chef Andre Fowles’ quick and savory pepper shrimp pasta recipe from the comforts of your own home. Test out sister chefs Suzanne and Michelle Rousseau’s Jamaican twist on a classic with a spicy creamy tomato soup and pepper grilled cheese with pepper jelly on hardo bread. For virtual happy hours and to celebrate another week of responsible social distancing, try a hand at Canadian-based Private Chef Noel Cunningham’s tropical beverage with his Blue Lagoon cocktail using vodka, blue curacao, and lemonade.
Spa aficionados can relax and unwind by turning on some ocean sounds and setting up a gentle breeze to create a luxury spa retreat from the comfort of home. For a nourishing body scrub, the Blackwell Rum brown sugar scrub applied during a warm shower will rejuvenate and refresh. This simple rum infused recipe combines two cups of golden-brown sugar, half cup of Blackwell Rum with one cup of heated coconut oil to soften and smooth the skin.
Through this virtual care package, the Jamaica Tourist Board aims to bring the island to its beloved travelers around the world until the destination can welcome them again in person.
- Online Slot Machine Strategies – How to Beat them
- The best smartphone games to play while on vacation
- Work and play: how to safely work on your vacation
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys is Back with Two Ways to Earn
- Jetstar and Indigo partnership goes live
- American Airlines Announces Agreement to Purchase Boom Supersonic Overture Aircraft, Places Deposit on 20 Overtures
- New series reveals Sydney has all the ingredients for the ultimate holiday
- Centara appoints experienced Centara hotel manager for the group’s first address in Bangkok’s historic district
- ‘Cowra’s Canola Tours and Blooming Attractions’
- Da Vittorio Launch at Reverie Saigon Redefines Italian Fine Dining in Vietnam