Air New Zealand would like to extend a heart-felt ‘thanks’ to the more than 30 New Zealand-based businesses that have reached out with potential opportunities for exiting Air New Zealand staff.
The businesses have come through with opportunities across a range of industries and positions – from consumer goods, through to agriculture and healthcare. Air New Zealand is working hard to ensure its outgoing staff are aware of the roles and opportunities that best match their skill sets.
Air New Zealand Senior Manager Talent Acquisition Kate James says, since the arrival of COVID-19 and the subsequent downsizing of the airline’s workforce, the team at Air New Zealand has been on the lookout for external opportunities for its staff.
She says other businesses have, throughout COVID-19, had a surge in demand for good people and the efforts made to find synergies between staff leaving Air New Zealand and these opportunities have paid off.
“There has been a large outpouring from Kiwi businesses wanting to help our people. These businesses know when they hire an Air New Zealander they hire a capable person, with highly tuned skills, exemplary customer focus and a special commitment to the future of New Zealand.”
“Many of those that have reached out to us are our valued customers who have had wonderful experiences and seen the quality and commitment of our staff when they book and travel with us.”
The page on Air New Zealand’s intranet where the available roles have been listed has been accessed more than 17000 times over the past month as Air New Zealand human resources teams work to ensure their outgoing staff are aware of opportunities that are a good fit.
Air New Zealand thanks the following organisations for coming forward with potential roles:
Ministry of Health
Suncorp New Zealand
Fisher & Paykel Healthcare
My Food Bag
New Zealand Kiwifruit Growers Incorporated
The Warehouse Group
UBT New Zealand
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience