Hurtigruten introduces a risk free flexible rebooking-policy – allowing guests to change their bookings to any Hurtigruten cruise until the summer of 2021.
– In the current situation, it is important for us to ensure our valued guests get timely and accurate information, and the necessary flexibility as they are planning their adventure with us. We want to make sure that you can explore with confidence, Hurtigruten CEO Daniel Skjeldam says.
Since the start of the outbreak – and long before the global pandemic was declared – Hurtigruten has been taking a wide range of precautionary measures to make prevent the spread of the corona virus, and ensure the health and safety for guests and crew.
What is the new policy?
To ensure the flexibility and comfort of already booked guests, Hurtigruten introduces a new flexible and risk-free rebooking policy:
- For all guests booked on departures between MAR 12 through JUN 30 2020, we offer free rebooking to any future Hurtigruten cruise – expedition or Norwegian coastal – from JUL 1 2020 to JUL 1 2021.
- The offer is also valid for any new Hurtigruten bookings made by APR 30 2020.
- A changed reservation will be reimbursed as a Hurtigruten Future Cruise Voucher in the amount of 100% and 10% discount on your future cruise including fees. If you have booked your flights through Hurtigruten, the voucher also covers your flights.
- Your Hurtigruten Future Cruise voucher will be valid on all Hurtigruten departures – expedition or Norwegian Coastal Voyages – until JUL 1 2021.
- If you wish to change your Hurtigruten reservation, you need to notify Hurtigruten.
– If you have booked your flight through Hurtigruten: At least 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure- If you arrange your own flights: At least 48 hours prior to your hotel check-in or cruise embarkation (whichever is first).
- The voucher is combinable with all other Hurtigruten offers.
– We’ve been operating for more than 125 years and we’ve learned from our past experiences in challenging situations. We are continuously updating our response to make sure our guests, crew and staff can travel with confidence, Skjeldam says.
What is Hurtigruten doing?
Hurtigruten’s strict and wide range of coronavirus measures ensures that the company policy at all times meets or exceed all industry and regulatory standards and requirements.
This is made possible thanks to the small size of Hurtigruten’s ships, combined with the professionality, dedication and skills from our teams of medical experts, industrial hygienists and other hard-working colleagues on board and on shore that oversees the current situation.
Hurtigruten has been following the advice of expert authorities including the World Health Organization (WHO), Center For Disease Control (CDC), Norwegian Institute for Public Health (FHI), CLIA, other government agencies, and local health authorities in the areas it operates, since the outbreak began.
– “We care” is one of our core values. And make no mistake: The health and safety of you, your fellow explorers and our crew is our number one priority. We are working tirelessly with all relevant authorities and experts to ensure that you can enjoy your upcoming Hurtigruten adventure, Skjeldam says.
READ MORE: An updated list of measures and embarkation policy can always be found at this URL.
Hurtigruten – World leader in exploration travel
Building on 125 years of Norwegian pioneering heritage, Hurtigruten is today the world’s largest expedition cruise company.
Hurtigruten’s rapidly growing fleet of custom-build expedition ships takes modern-day adventure travellers to the world’s most spectacular destinations on our Planet – from the High North to Antarctica in the south.
Being the world leader in exploration travel comes with a great responsibility. Hurtigruten is enhancing destinations and runs an responsible, sustainable global operation. Read more about Hurtigruten’s sustainability efforts here.
Hurtigruten is introducing the world’s first hybrid battery powered cruise ships, the MS Roald Amundsen (2019) and the MS Fridtjof Nansen (2020).
- Online Slot Machine Strategies – How to Beat them
- The best smartphone games to play while on vacation
- Work and play: how to safely work on your vacation
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys is Back with Two Ways to Earn
- Jetstar and Indigo partnership goes live
- American Airlines Announces Agreement to Purchase Boom Supersonic Overture Aircraft, Places Deposit on 20 Overtures
- New series reveals Sydney has all the ingredients for the ultimate holiday
- Centara appoints experienced Centara hotel manager for the group’s first address in Bangkok’s historic district
- ‘Cowra’s Canola Tours and Blooming Attractions’
- Da Vittorio Launch at Reverie Saigon Redefines Italian Fine Dining in Vietnam