Travelers booking a Windstar cruise vacation departing on or after June 1, 2020 can rest easy knowing they can cancel up to 15 days before their cruise departs without incurring a cancellation fee. A new Travel Assurance Booking Policy acknowledges the challenge of booking vacations in advance and aims to allay travelers’ concerns about losing money due to unexpected illness or other world events.
Windstar believes vacations enrich people’s lives. The new Travel Assurance Booking Policy is an extra effort to ensure travelers feel comfortable booking a well-deserved cruise vacation now without fearing loss should they need to cancel.
Windstar’s Travel Assurance Booking Policy automatically applies to new and existing cruises departing on or after June 1, 2020 through December 31, 2021.
Travelers who cancel a cruise booking up to 15 days prior to departure will receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit to be used on another Windstar departure within one year of the issue date of the credit. The offer is good for cruise fare only.
Current health precautions and policies
Windstar Cruises has implemented an enhanced health screening questionnaire for guests and crew to screen for possible coronavirus COVID-19. Additionally, crew travel through mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and South Korea has been suspended. No one will be allowed to board a Windstar ship who in the 30 days prior to embarkation has been in or traveled from or through China, Hong Kong, Macau, or South Korea, or has had close contact with anyone suspected or diagnosed as having coronavirus COVID-19. Prior to boarding a ship, all passengers and crew will be administered a no-touch thermal scan to screen for fever. Anyone with a fever (≥38 C°/100.4 F°) will not be allowed to board the ship.
Out of an abundance of caution, Windstar has cancelled all Asia sailings in 2020.
The safety and security of guests and crew are the utmost priority at Windstar Cruises. Windstar’s knowledgeable team may make additional deployment changes based on current events.
Windstar operates a fleet of six small yachts carrying from 148 to 342 guests on voyages around the world. During summer 2020 travelers can join a coastal cruise sailing along the U.S. West Coast or sail in Alaska, Greece, the Mediterranean, Northern Europe, or Tahiti and the South Pacific.
In May 2020, Star Breeze will be the first of three yachts emerging from a $250 million Star Plus Initiative with a lengthened ship featuring two new restaurants, a larger spa and fitness center, expanded pool and fifty new suites. Star Legend and Star Pride follow in August and November. The 342 guest Wind Surf underwent a major refurbishment in fall 2019.
- Online Slot Machine Strategies – How to Beat them
- The best smartphone games to play while on vacation
- Work and play: how to safely work on your vacation
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys is Back with Two Ways to Earn
- Jetstar and Indigo partnership goes live
- American Airlines Announces Agreement to Purchase Boom Supersonic Overture Aircraft, Places Deposit on 20 Overtures
- New series reveals Sydney has all the ingredients for the ultimate holiday
- Centara appoints experienced Centara hotel manager for the group’s first address in Bangkok’s historic district
- ‘Cowra’s Canola Tours and Blooming Attractions’
- Da Vittorio Launch at Reverie Saigon Redefines Italian Fine Dining in Vietnam