Travelport, the leading technology company serving the global travel industry has achieved level 4 NDC certification as an aggregator from IATA. This certification confirms Travelport is able to provide full offer and order management and servicing of an NDC booking, complementing the current capabilities of voiding tickets and cancellations with new capabilities to modify and exchange tickets as well as processing refunds. This end-to-end booking management capability is a crucial part of the day to day travel management Travelport’s customers rely on their technology partner to provide.
Travelport has been offering NDC content from a small number of partner airlines since October 2018 and has taken a phased approach to its NDC roll out plans in order to build an NDC solution which works for all parts of the interconnected travel industry.
Commenting on the certification, Jason Clarke, Chief Commercial Officer – Travel Partners said: “Delivering NDC content to our customers is a crucial part of Travelport’s multi-source content strategy and this certification is the next step in recognizing our NDC capability. Managing complex itineraries for their travelers, including changes and disruptions, is a core part of the role of our travel agency customers so this functionality is important in bringing NDC to life for the whole industry.”
Travelport is working with a number of IATA NDC Leaderboard airlines on their content distribution strategies in a production environment and with a wide range of travel agencies, online travel agencies and travel management companies to ensure its multi-source content strategy, of which NDC distribution is a part, meets the needs of the whole, global travel industry.
The next meeting of the Travelport NDC Leadership Council will take place in Q2 2020.
- Online Slot Machine Strategies – How to Beat them
- The best smartphone games to play while on vacation
- Work and play: how to safely work on your vacation
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys is Back with Two Ways to Earn
- Jetstar and Indigo partnership goes live
- American Airlines Announces Agreement to Purchase Boom Supersonic Overture Aircraft, Places Deposit on 20 Overtures
- New series reveals Sydney has all the ingredients for the ultimate holiday
- Centara appoints experienced Centara hotel manager for the group’s first address in Bangkok’s historic district
- ‘Cowra’s Canola Tours and Blooming Attractions’
- Da Vittorio Launch at Reverie Saigon Redefines Italian Fine Dining in Vietnam