Fort Wayne is Indiana’s second-largest city and we have so much to offer! Fort Wayne is home to outstanding attractions and activities that are affordable, convenient and fun for the whole family.
The Midwest’s Best Family Getaway Destination
Enjoy a wild time at the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo, one of the top ten zoos in the country! Spend the day enjoying sky, boat and train rides, and interactive activities like feeding a giraffe and petting a stingray.
Plan to visit during one of Fort Wayne’s amazing festival weekends during the summer. You’ll enjoy authentic ethnic festivals like Germanfest, Arab Fest, and Greekfest and unique celebrations including Hobnobben Film Festival and Dragon Boat Races!
Join the boys of summer in Fort Wayne’s downtown ballpark, and enjoy TinCaps Baseball the #1 Minor League Experience, where seats on the lawn are just $6. And be sure to round out your trip with Fort Wayne’s other family attractions like Science Central, the Botanical Conservatory and our Museum of Art, featuring the Summer of Glass!
Enjoy a Vera Bradley Girlfriend Getaway
Every April, more than 45,000 people gather in Fort Wayne for the Vera Bradley Annual Outlet Sale. The sale offers 40-60% off retails prices on Vera Bradley handbags, luggage, and accessories – deals exclusive to Fort Wayne, Indiana! It’s all part of the ultimate girls weekend in Fort Wayne – full of
Fort Wayne’s boutique shopping, chocolate tours, and additional outlet Sales throughout the city!
Your Family History Starts Here
Fort Wayne is home to the nation’s largest public genealogy collection at The Genealogy Center, which you can enjoy for FREE! Whether you’re a casual family historian or a seasoned professional, the trained genealogists on staff will help you get started on your family history research, or help you dig deeper into your family research!
Midwest Music City
Fort Wayne is home to Sweetwater (the nation’s largest online music retailer) and dozens of amazing music festivals, venues, concert series, and more. It’s no wonder that we’re fast-becoming the Midwest’s Music City! From the epicly-cool Middle Waves Music Festival to hundreds of concerts and events each year, you’ll love an all-access pass to Fort Wayne’s music scene. Past performers have included Lizzo, Ben Folds, MGMT, Hozier, Paul McCartney, Luke Bryan and many others.
The City of Restaurants
Fort Wayne serves up a variety of restaurants that cater to every palate, from upscale steak and seafood and trendy hotspots to casual diners, farm-grown tables and some of the best global cuisine in the Midwest. Take a seat at the table and savor some of our favorites including the more than 100-year-old Coney Island Wiener Stand, festivals featuring cuisine from all over the world including Arab Fest, Greekfest, and Germanfest, and James Beard-nominated chefs including Aaron Butts at Copper Spoon. It’s no wonder Fort Wayne’s been named “The City of Restaurants.”
Explore Fort Wayne
Fort Wayne returns to its historical riverfront with the NEW Promenade Park – the Midwest’s newest destination! This one-of-a-kind park joins our natural rivers with downtown Fort Wayne’s thriving urban center.
- Explore the skyline views along the 560′ long treetop canopy trail.
- Take a slide from the trail down into the accessible playground.
- Splash in the 260′ long Kids’ Canal.
- Sip on a fresh brew in the dining gardens from Trubble Riverside Tap + Café.
- Plus, Promenade Park was designed to be welcoming and accessible to people of all abilities. Paths feature tactile surface features, wheelchair accessible grassy areas, 3D maps, and accessible boat docks!
We invite you to experience all that Fort Wayne has to offer. Come sample the colors of Fort Wayne, Indiana!
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience