Almost 83 million passengers flew last year on airlines serving the United States, but 56% of all Americans who flew on an airplane in the past 12 months say airline customer service is declining.
Furthermore, millennial passengers are more likely than Generation Xers and baby boomers to complain about airline service issues and are twice as likely to issue a formal complaint about their flying experience, a survey has revleaed.
According to a survey conducted by ValuePenguin:
- Millennials complain the most:Airing a complaint on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and LinkedIn) is more common among this generation than other generations, and the lack of response or untimely responses by airlines only fuel millennial negativity regarding airline customer service.
- Customer satisfaction is going down:Even though more than 96% of respondents were at least somewhat satisfied by their most recent flight, nearly 56% of flyers said they think airline customer service is declining. Millennials and men felt the strongest about this.
- Flyers are speaking out:Almost 45% of Americans who flew in the past year said they issued a complaint against an airline.
- Some airlines are perceived worse than others:When discussing specific airlines’ customer service, respondents rated American Airlines and Southwest as the best and Spirit Airlines as the worst.
- Flyers expect the worst from budget airlines:The mantra “you get what you pay for” is something that travelers believe. Even still, 36% of millennials felt that budget airlines treat passengers poorly, and that they have a right to complain.
ValuePenguin commissioned Qualtrics to conduct an online survey of 657 Americans who flew on an airplane in the past 12 months. The survey was fielded Oct. 1-3 and Nov. 18-19, 2019.
To view the full report, visit: https://www.valuepenguin.com/millennials-twice-likely-boomers-complain-about-airline-service
ValuePenguin.com, part of LendingTree (NASDAQ: TREE), is a personal finance website that conducts in-depth research and provides objective analysis to help guide consumers to the best financial decisions. ValuePenguin focuses on value, assessing whether the return of a particular decision is worth the cost or risk of that option, and how this stacks up with the other possible choices they may have.
- Online Slot Machine Strategies – How to Beat them
- The best smartphone games to play while on vacation
- Work and play: how to safely work on your vacation
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys is Back with Two Ways to Earn
- Jetstar and Indigo partnership goes live
- American Airlines Announces Agreement to Purchase Boom Supersonic Overture Aircraft, Places Deposit on 20 Overtures
- New series reveals Sydney has all the ingredients for the ultimate holiday
- Centara appoints experienced Centara hotel manager for the group’s first address in Bangkok’s historic district
- ‘Cowra’s Canola Tours and Blooming Attractions’
- Da Vittorio Launch at Reverie Saigon Redefines Italian Fine Dining in Vietnam