The Langham, Boston is currently undergoing an extensive renovation to reposition the property as one of the top iconic luxury hotels in the country when it re-opens its doors in summer 2020. This extensive project includes a complete transformation of all guest rooms, event space, the addition of a new club lounge, and a new bar and restaurant.
“As the process of reinvigorating this landmark property with new life continues, it is exciting to watch the hotel’s new features come to life,” said Michele Grosso, managing director of The Langham, Boston. “This renovation will highlight the architectural grandeur of this iconic building, but will also launch The Langham as a new American classic within the luxury hotel industry. When it is completed, we will be able to say without a shadow of a doubt that The Langham is one of the very best historic hotels in the United States.”
Dyer Brown is the architect of record for hotel project and collaborated with Richmond International, who will execute the interior design, which will reflect the rich history of The Langham, Boston; and will highlight the unique architectural elements of the building, the former Federal Reserve Bank of Boston. Richmond also did the interiors of The Langham, London and The Langham, Chicago.
The scope of the renovation includes:
– A luxurious new lobby, decorated in jewel tones, with a cozy fireplace, ample seating, and high-design concierge area and check-in desk
– A new Club Lounge, a signature of The Langham Hotels & Resorts brand, featuring a private space in which guests who have purchased Club access can meet, eat and socialize, serving multiple food and beverage offerings throughout the day
– Completely redesigned guest rooms and suites, with brand new marble-clad bathrooms, New England-inspired décor and, in the case of the hotel’s signature Loft Suites, two story brass-embossed windows accenting the bi-level living and sleeping quarters that were left from the hotel’s days as the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
– The restoration of the prestigious Chairman’s Suite, a luxury penthouse experience featuring a king bedroom, hardwood floors, a living room complete with a baby grand piano, a pantry and kitchen, and a “generous” dining room that seats eight people
– A sophisticated update to The Governor’s Room, a boardroom with a mahogany table, plush plaid carpeting and decorated with an array of historic area maps sourced from the Boston Public Library, that includes access to the Wyeth Room, home to the N.C. Wyeth murals originally commissioned by the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston for increased space or can be used as a stand-alone space for private meetings and events
– The new Lincoln Ballroom, which can accommodate up to 200 guests, and will feature natural light by way of a skylight flanked by chandeliers, and proximity via its pre-function space to windows overlooking Norman B. Leventhal Park, a beautiful city-center greenspace with a garden trellis, which itself is the perfect location for intimate wedding photos
– An extensive art collection by renowned local artists that will reside throughout the hotel in tribute to the history of Boston
– A grand new entrance with slate awnings and light fixtures that will illuminate the façade
– A brand new destination bar with an outdoor terrace and an innovative restaurant concept, both of which will be announced in 2020, through a collaborative relationship with Gorgeous Group, a London-based hospitality concept agency that specializes in memorable food and drink experiences, and were responsible for The Wigmore at The Langham, London.
Chuan Body + Soul, the spa at The Langham, Boston, will remain, featuring a full menu of body and facial treatments; as will a 24-hour fitness facility; and a glass-enclosed indoor pool and pool deck, available to all guests. After the official opening, The Langham will also re-introduce the Wilson Ballroom, the re-introduction of which will be the final portion of the hotel’s overall transformation.
- Travel More, Pay Less: Free Days with Swiss Travel Pass
- Scone Bar At NUO Hotel Beijing’s Lobby Lounge
- Drowning travel agents need urgent lifeline as COVID crisis takes toll
- Strong partners: AIDA Cruises remains main sponsor of the classical music festival “Festspiele Mecklenburg-Vorpommern” until 2024
- Travel Plans Can change… Enjoy More Flexibility
- AC Hotel by Marriott® Melbourne Southbank and Patient Wolf Distilling Co. mix the perfectly precise blend
- NSW Government leadership on Travel T&Cs welcome
- Carnival Cruise Line Announces That Costa Luminosa Will Transfer to the Carnival Fleet and Start Service in November 2022
- Azamara® Reveals 2022 European Voyages for its New Ship, Azamara OnwardSM
- Explore ‘Ancient Lands’ at Newly Opened Ngilgi Cave!