Murray River Walk has entered the South Australian Tourism Hall of Fame by winning its third consecutive South Australian Tourism Award in the hotly contested Eco-tourism Category, reflecting the outstanding vision and determination of its Riverland based owners.
Proud owners, Tony and Susie Sharley, paid tribute to their amazing guiding team who have embraced sharing their knowledge of the river and are the heart of the Murray River Walk experience. “We all love our precious river and we love sharing its stories”, said Tony Sharley.
In 2016 Murray River Walk set out to help people discover the magic of the Murray River, it’s beauty, it’s incredible sunrises and sunsets, it’s wildlife and forests, history and culture, the food and wine from the Riverland region and the importance of water stewardship that protects the ecology of the Murray Darling river system.
In its first year of operation Murray River Walk was accepted into the prestigious Great Walks of Australia collective and has never looked back, entering the Hall of Fame in only its fourth year in business. Mr Sharley said that “Murray River Walk has become a destination experience — with more than 90% of walkers travelling from interstate to a region that many have never visited before.
Murray River Walk is a 4 day and 3 night guided walking and cruising journey along the river where walkers dine and stay each night on a modern houseboat that travels to each daily walking destination.
Mr Sharley thanked their suppliers and past walkers for their contribution to the early success of the business, and thanked the South Australian Tourism Commission, Tourism Industry Council of SA, the Department for Environment and Water and Destination Riverland for their encouragement and support. Our industry partners have ensured that our entry into the tourism industry will continue to grow the State’s economy. He also congratulated other Riverland winners – River Murray Houseboats and Big 4 Renmark Riverfront Holiday Park.
Murray River Walk will now contest the Australian Tourism Awards in February 2020 up against the best Ecotourism experiences in Australia.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience