Melco Resorts & Entertainment Limited announces today that it has been recognized by the 2019 Sustainable Business Awards (SBA) Philippines for its outstanding performance on energy management and employee development. At a ceremony hosted earlier this week, Melco was honored for its talent development program for its workforce in both Manila and Macau, as well as its energy efficiency efforts to tackle climate change at City of Dreams Manila.
The SBA, Asia’s leading sustainable award platform since 2012, recognizes companies that take a proactive role in tackling social, governance and environmental issues, ranging from climate change to making local communities more inclusive and sustainable. Companies that were honored by this year’s award attended a ceremony in October 2019 that was attended by Emilio Benito Aquino, Chairperson and CEO of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Titon Mitra, Resident Representative of the United Nations Development Programme Philippines.
The award assesses companies through a rigorous methodology that scores both the company’s process and performance across a range of twelve categories. Melco has received special recognition in two categories for this year’s SBA. Firstly, Melco has been recognized for its workforce development program which embraces a holistic “Whole Person Development” training approach, empowering its employees to have a generalist career path beyond a technical or functional-only focus and focuses on their personal growth. Secondly, Melco has been recognized for its efforts in tackling climate change, which includes setting the goal of achieving carbon neutrality in its operations, improving energy efficiency and optimizing its building management system to track energy use at City of Dreams Manila.
Lawrence Ho, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at Melco said: “We appreciate SBA’s recognition for all our efforts at Melco and City of Dreams Manila. We value our employees’ career development and that is what motivates us to provide a nurturing environment for talent throughout our company. Being socially responsible and being a good steward to our environment are key priorities for Melco and we aim to go above and beyond in our social, environmental and governance commitments in all our operations worldwide.”
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience