Holistica, the destination company recently formed by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE: RCL) and privately-held ITM Group has appointed Carlos Torres de Navarra as Chief Executive Officer. With 20 years of experience in port and destination development, Torres de Navarra has held numerous financial, commercial, strategic and business development roles at the world’s two largest cruise companies.
“Carlos has a proven track record of delivering creative solutions with a high degree of efficiency and a vision towards enhancing the guest experience,” said Robert Shamosh, Commercial Affairs of ITM Group. “It is these traits and his leadership capabilities that RCL and ITM were looking for in a CEO. The shareholders are very excited to have someone of Carlos’ caliber and experience leading Holistica.”
Prior to joining Holistica Torres de Navarra most recently served as Vice President of Global Port and Destination Development for Carnival Corporation and previously as Vice President of Strategic and Commercial Port Development for Carnival Cruise Line. Prior to joining Carnival, he spent seven years with Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. as Assistant Treasurer involved in business development, liquidity and capital planning, financial risk management, acquisitions, as well as port development.
“Carlos’ excellent reputation of building relationships and delivering on strategic and commercial initiatives makes him an ideal candidate to deliver on Holistica’s mission.” said Michael Bayley, President and CEO of Royal Caribbean International. “We are thrilled to have him on board to meet the needs of coastal communities, local governments, and land, sea, and air travelers helping design the future of destinations globally.”
“Holistica is an organization led by a purpose – to make a positive and sustainable impact in destination development while exceeding the expectations of all stakeholders,” said Torres de Navarra. “I am honored and eager to help lead Holistica’s efforts around the globe and meet the growing demands of the cruise industry and its partner destinations.”
Torres de Navarra will report to the Holistica board and will be based in Miami, Florida. He is originally from the south Florida area and earned his bachelor’s degree and MBA from the University of Miami.
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation