A business events industry working group led by Conventions and Incentives New Zealand (CINZ) has released a Request for Quote (RFQ) for the Business Events Research Programme (BERP) contract opportunity.
The working group was established earlier this year, following the decision by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) to discontinue the previous BERP which they operated in partnership with Regional Convention Bureaux.
The group consists of industry stakeholders and is led by Conventions and Incentives New Zealand (CINZ). CINZ Chief Executive Sue Sullivan says business events cover meetings, incentives, conferences, conventions, tradeshows and exhibitions. The Business Events Research Programme measures business events activity in New Zealand.
“This is an exciting opportunity to reset the collection and reporting of business events data for New Zealand, and we are seeking a provider to work with us on this essential project.”
“This project is to establish a new programme to measure and report business events activity and spend. We are seeking to appoint a provider to collect and report on Business Events data, namely: Business Events Delegate Survey (BEDS) and Business Events Venue Survey (BEVS),” she says.
“Our working group are looking for a credible provider who has the capability and experience to deliver a valuable and trusted business events data set.”
The new data collection will be set up for the 2020 calendar year. The deadline for quote submissions is Friday 11 October 2019 and the anticipated contract date start is 1 January 2020.
CINZ is a membership organisation representing venues, regions, hotels and suppliers to the business events industry. Other members of the working group include Auckland Convention Bureau (part of ATEED), WellingtonNZ, Hamilton and Waikato Tourism, Statistics NZ and Tourism New Zealand.
- Online Slot Machine Strategies – How to Beat them
- The best smartphone games to play while on vacation
- Work and play: how to safely work on your vacation
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys is Back with Two Ways to Earn
- Jetstar and Indigo partnership goes live
- American Airlines Announces Agreement to Purchase Boom Supersonic Overture Aircraft, Places Deposit on 20 Overtures
- New series reveals Sydney has all the ingredients for the ultimate holiday
- Centara appoints experienced Centara hotel manager for the group’s first address in Bangkok’s historic district
- ‘Cowra’s Canola Tours and Blooming Attractions’
- Da Vittorio Launch at Reverie Saigon Redefines Italian Fine Dining in Vietnam