As the temperature drops, spring is in the sight of Floriade’s gardeners as they plant the first bulbs at Commonwealth Park in Canberra this week.
Floriade, Australia’s biggest celebration of spring runs in Canberra from Saturday 14 September to Sunday 13 October. This year’s theme is World in Bloom, which visitors will see reflected in flowerbeds and entertainment programming.
Floriade NightFest returns for four nights, including the Labour Day long weekend, from Thursday 3 to Sunday 6 October with spectacular new lighting displays and live entertainment to be announced in coming months. Tickets on sale soon.
The hallmark event on the Australian events calendar continues to perform strongly. Last year’s event attracted 480,540 people, an increase of more than 45,000 from 2017. Major events in Canberra contribute significantly to the visitor economy and the value of tourism in the ACT. Floriade 2018 had an economic impact of $38.6 million, with 48.1% of visitors attending the event from interstate or overseas.
Beyond the gates of Floriade, Canberra is brimming with must-see-and-do experiences this spring. With a stellar food and wine scene, a multitude of museums and galleries and endless natural attractions just waiting to be explored, discover why the capital was named third in Lonely Planet’s top 10 cities in the world to visit in 2018. Don’t miss West Side Story at the Canberra Theatre (10-20 October) and DreamWorks’ Animation: The Exhibition at the National Museum of Australia (from 20 September), or get back to nature during the school holidays with the Wildfest® Pop Up Wilderness Family Camp at Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience