Silversea Cruises today opens general sales on 54 remarkable new itineraries for summer 2020/2021. Offering guests an increased range of unique destinations for the summer season, the new collection of voyages will include 20 maiden calls. It incorporates unforgettable experiences in the Caribbean, Asia, Australia & New Zealand, and South America, enriching the cruise line’s industry-leading pole-to-pole offering.
Comprising the winter itineraries of Silver Muse, Silver Whisper, Silver Shadow, Silver Spirit and Silver Moon – an ultra-luxury sister ship to Silver Muse, due to join the fleet in August 2020 – the new collection of voyages will showcase both iconic and rare experiences in the Caribbean, springtime in Asia, and the best of both Australia and South America on respective circumnavigations, among other remarkable experiences. Simplifying guests’ journeys, travellers will enjoy included round-trip economy class flights, or reduced business class upgrades, and transfers on virtually all voyages in the new collection (exceptions and market-specific conditions may apply).
“Feedback on our new summer 2020/2021 voyages has been exceptional,” says Barbara Muckermann, Silversea’s Chief Marketing Officer. “Once again, we have pushed boundaries to unlock unique travel experiences for our guests, in the world’s most amazing destinations. From iconic to exclusive, intrepid to relaxed, the range of experiences on offer with Silversea perfectly caters for the discerning tastes of our distinguished guests.”
Enjoying the best service at sea, guests will be able to sail to a total of 49 destinations in eight countries in and around Australia and New Zealand, between October 2020 and March 2021. Guests will discover a range of iconic destinations in Australia and New Zealand, as well as a number of alluring Pacific Islands, which will be showcased on a selection of Sydney-to-Auckland voyages from December 2020 to February 2021. Aboard the iconic Silver Muse, guests will be able to complete an incredible circumnavigation of Australia over 50 days, when combining three voyages:
– Sydney to Sydney (three voyages): Travellers will discover the delights of Australia, New Zealand and Indonesia on this unprecedented Grand Voyage which also includes an overnight stay in Perth, Bali, Cairns and Sydney. Departing Sydney on 31 October 2020, guests will enjoy a number of stunning destinations in New Zealand including Wellington, Akaroa and Milford and Doubtful Sounds – among the most naturally beautiful destinations in the world. From here Silver Muse makes ports of call in Burnie and Melbourne before continuing onto Adelaide, Kangaroo Island, Albany and Busselton, arriving in Fremantle on 21 November 2020. The second sector departs Fremantle on 21 November 2020, on a 12 day voyage to Bali through Western Australia and Indonesia, taking in the incredible destinations of Ende, Flores and Pink Beach, Komodo. The final sector departs Bali on 3 December 2020, sailing down the east coast of Australia and taking in sights including Thursday Island, Cairns and Airlie beach before arriving into Sydney on 20 December 2020. Guests booking the complete circumnavigation will also enjoy a range of additional benefits including return flights, pre-cruise accommodation, US$1,000 onboard credit, complimentary laundry and exclusive shore side events.*
A combined total of 26 voyages aboard Silver Shadow, Silver Whisper and Silver Moon will enable guests to form meaningful connections with 46 destinations in the Caribbean throughout the season. In addition to many quintessential experiences—such as immersive journeys into the rainforests of St. Lucia, opportunities to explore the chic boutiques of St. Barth’s, and tranquil moments spent in the Spanish-tiled courtyards of San Juan—Silversea’s guests will discover more intimate, lesser-visited ports, such as Jost Van Dyke, Bequia, and Mayreau. Guests will also have the opportunity to travel deeper into the vibrant culture and spectacular landscapes of Cuba. For guests’ convenience, many Caribbean voyages will depart and/or culminate in Fort Lauderdale. A sample itinerary from the new Caribbean voyages on offer includes:
- Fort Lauderdale to Bridgetown: Silversea’s Silver Whisper will depart Fort Lauderdale on 10 November 2020, on a 10-day voyage to Bridgetown, Barbados. Guests will journey to San Juan, Jost Van Dyke, St. John’s, Fort-de-France, Mayreau, St. George’s, and Bequia, before arriving in Bridgetown on 20 November 2020. A rich variety of immersive shore experiences in each destination will complement Silversea’s trademark level of luxury on board to make for a unique voyage.
In Asia, Silver Muse and Silver Spirit will unlock 58 spectacular destinations in 18 countries for guests, with each ship completing seven voyages between September 2020 and May 2021. In addition to calls in the major ports of Mumbai, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo, the new collection’s Asian highlights include multiple overnights calls in various Vietnam destinations and roundtrip voyages from Tokyo during the cherry blossom season. Guests will dive deeper into the enchanting cultures of Asia through immersive shore experiences and various onboard enrichments, as they travel in superlative comfort. Among the new voyages on offer in Asia is the following sample itinerary:
- Tokyo to Tokyo: completing a 14-day circumnavigation of Japan’s largest island, Honshu, Silver Muse will depart Tokyo on 5 April 2021. Aboard the cruise line’s flagship, Silversea’s guests will journey closer to the authentic beauty of Asia, calling at Shimizu; Kobe, on an overnight call; and Hiroshima; before reaching Yeosu in South Korea. Subsequently, travellers will explore Kanazawa, Niigata, Akita, Aomori, and Hakodate, ahead of arriving in Tokyo on 19 April 2021.
During her inaugural season in the region, Silver Moon will journey throughout Central and South America between January and April, 2021, enabling guests to discover 55 destinations in 27 countries. S.A.L.T., Silversea’s pioneering new culinary concept, will enrich guests’ experience aboard Silver Moon, enabling travellers to form meaningful connections with visited destinations through unique culinary experiences. Aboard Silversea’s newest flagship, guests will be able to complete an incredible circumnavigation of South America over 69 days, when combining four voyages:
- Fort Lauderdale to Fort Lauderdale (four voyages): The first segment of this unique experience will see Silversea’s guests travel from Fort Lauderdale to Callao, departing 7 January 2021, calling at Cozumel, Quintana Roo; Belize City; Roatan Island; Puerto Limón; San Blas Islands; and a transit of the famous Panama Canal. Subsequent overnights in Fuerte Amador (Panama City) and Guayaquil will precede a call in Salaverry, before Silver Moon reaches Callao (Lima). The second voyage, a 22-day route from Callao to Buenos Aires, will enable guests to travel deeper into the majestic Chilean Fjords and Ushuaia, among other alluring destinations, before setting sail for Argentina’s capital city. Travellers on the third voyage will explore destinations in Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil ahead of arriving in Rio de Janeiro. Concluding the roundtrip circumnavigation, Silver Moon will unlock various experiences for guests in Brazil, French Guiana, Barbados, Grenada, St. Lucia, Antigua and Barbuda, French West Indies, and Puerto Rico, prior to reaching Fort Lauderdale on 17 March 2021.
With an onboard offering that has been enriched with unprecedented levels of luxury by Silversea’s ongoing Project Invictus, Silversea’s guests cruise in superlative comfort: ocean-view suites, sumptuous cuisine that adapts according to the sailed region, and the personalised service of a butler are just a few standout features. Enhancing the experience are such all-inclusive amenities as complimentary premium wines and spirits, speciality coffees, bottled water, juices and soft drinks served throughout the ship; an in-suite bar, stocked with guests’ preferences and refreshed daily; a complimentary in-suite 24-hour dining service; and unlimited complimentary Wi-Fi.
In addition to the inclusive air programme, travellers can benefit from a 10% early booking bonus, while loyal guests of Silversea-Venetian Society members will also enjoy customary benefits. More information is available on www.silversea.com.
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation