Since 2014, IKEA Art Event has been working with contemporary artists from around the world to create art that can enliven anyone’s home. In 2019, IKEA Art Event introduces a short-term collection that mashes-up tapestry art, rug handicraft, avant-garde fashion, street culture and modern design. The contemporary IKEA rugs designed by eight leading creative artists will be showcased at a free pop-up exhibition at PMQ, Central, in mid-May. Transforming into practical everyday items of great artistic value, these unique woven artworks demonstrate the effortless incorporation of art into life. Raffle registration for the series will be available on http://bit.ly/2PFW0Eq, and selected customers may place an order at IKEA stores on 25 and 26 May.
IKEA believes that creativity and your passion for art shouldn’t be stifled by the lack of space, as is typically faced by Hongkongers. A rug or tapestry of unique artistry can add colour to the finesse of a home and demonstrate personal taste without occupying additional space. Rugs are efficient in noise reduction, and its softness on your feet can ease the weariness of the day. Rugs can also define different spaces at home. Smart use of rugs can enliven and instil artistic sublimity to the home. “Art should be something accessible and affordable to the many people around the world. We create an IKEA art collection simply because we believe in democratic art. Some people have a preconception that art is about oil paintings or a sculpture. But why can’t we take art and apply that to a rug? That’s what IKEA Art Event 2019 is all about.” said Henrik Most, Creative Director of IKEA Art Event.
Craig Green Flatwoven Rug
IKEA will be hosting a short-term exhibition at PMQ between 10 to 20 May, to correspond to the concept of IKEA Art Event, and to encourage visitors to transcend the conventional definition of art and celebrate it in a newfangled art speak. Learn more about the online raffle and product order at IKEA stores on the event website http://bit.ly/2PFW0Eq. While you’re at it, stay tuned to the latest happenings on the product series and the artists on Instagram @ikea_art_event_2019
Misaki Kawai Low Pile Rug
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience