The international tourism tradeshow International Roundup which helps promote the five-state region of South Dakota, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming through The Great American West brand globally will be held in Casper, Wyoming in 2020.
The 25th annual International Roundup (IRU) has just taken place in South Dakota on April 29-May Caroline Davidson from Davidson Communications, the Australian and New Zealand representative for The Great American West attended along with Julie Gerrard,Destination Team Leader – North America, Asia, Europe from Adventure World New Zealand.
Julie is also completing a famil around 4 of the states to gain more knowledge of the Great American West region for Australian and New Zealand travelers. “This trip has been crucial to my knowledge and words do not do justice to the wonder and beauty of this region. You really need to come and see with your own eyes!”
Julie was inducted into the IRU ‘Buckle Club’ as all attendees are. Julie received a Montana silver belt buckle and her new buckle club name: Julie ‘Painted Lady’ Gerard -which she will now keep for all future events. Anyone who has ever attended IRU is then welcome at any Buckle Club event around the globe.
Caroline Davidson said “We have been attending IRU with representatives of AU and NZ tour operators and wholesalers for 8 years to assist them gain firsthand knowledge, build valuable relationships with suppliers and receptive and expand their product to this incredible destination. It was wonderful to have Julie experience the show and the region this year – she was blown away by what it has to offer visitors and keen to return at the first opportunity.
We hope more trade product managers will join us for IRU in Casper to experience this for themselves and their companies.”
The current Adventure World USA Tailor-Made Collection brochure includes over 16 pages of product for the region and has been instrumental in increasing visitation to our states.
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation