NIDA Open’s term classes provide dynamic and practical drama skills development for young people and adults, delivered by inspiring tutors using the core dramatic training techniques that NIDA is respected for the world over.
The weekly classes cover the different elements of drama including acting, movement and voice, and are tailored to the needs of each age group.
‘NIDA’s weekly classes during term time provide children and adults with the opportunity to be the author of their own ideas,’ said Tricia Ryan, Director of Public Programs and Head of NIDA Open.
As an experienced educator and producer, program coordinator and arts manager, Tricia knows the benefits of learning in a supportive, inclusive environment. ‘NIDA Open is a place where children and adults can explore, make mistakes, and grow from a collective learning experience. It’s a place for creativity, storytelling and imaginative expression which is unique. The classes take place in state of the art performing arts studios with leading artist educators providing inspiration, guidance and facilitating discovery.
‘As part the course, students develop their communication skills, explore spontaneity through improvisation, build performance discipline and develop their creative confidence. It’s also more than that – NIDA creative classes enable all our students to get in touch with their own ideas and ways to explore their own creative vision.’
Term classes are offered on weekends or afternoons in term 2 starting 5 May in several locations in capital cities Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience