Korean Air announced that it has implemented iCargo, the next-generation cargo system based on cloud-technology, from April 1.
“The next-generation cargo system, based on cloud technology, is part of our digital transformation of the future. Launched in April, the new system will lead change and further enhance the quality of customer service in the fiercely competitive cargo industry,” said Sam Noh, Senior Vice President & Head of Cargo Business Division of Korean Air.
Back in February 2018, Korean Air entered into a partnership with IBS Software, the IT solutions specialist of the aviation industry. The collaboration means Korean Air can fully utilize iCargo, an internet-based solution that manages and controls cargo logistics. 130 domestic and overseas stations have so far seamlessly implemented the system over approximately 2 years of intensive preparation. The result is combining the full scope of end-to-end cargo business functions of Korean Air – reservation, sales, terminal operation, revenue accounting, cargo portal and more – in a single, integrated system.
Korean Air’s next-generation cargo system, iCargo, has the most notable advantage when it comes to customer convenience. It enables the company to provide consistent service through an integration of sales-reservation-operation systems. It also provides up-to-date information via customized monitoring function and tracks the status of shipments in real-time through e-mail or SMS, depending on the customer’s preference.
The improvements to Korean Air’s user-friendly functions will continue through to March 2020. Korean Air will also introduce an AI-based Cargo RMS (Revenue Management System) solution, which is expected to improve company profitability.
Taking steps to migrate its entire IT system to Cloud by 2021, Korean Air will continue with its digital transformation to cope with rapid developments in the business environment. By dramatically improving customer experience, Korean Air will further strengthen its position as a leading carrier in the global cargo industry.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience