Korean Air announced that it has implemented iCargo, the next-generation cargo system based on cloud-technology, from April 1.
“The next-generation cargo system, based on cloud technology, is part of our digital transformation of the future. Launched in April, the new system will lead change and further enhance the quality of customer service in the fiercely competitive cargo industry,” said Sam Noh, Senior Vice President & Head of Cargo Business Division of Korean Air.
Back in February 2018, Korean Air entered into a partnership with IBS Software, the IT solutions specialist of the aviation industry. The collaboration means Korean Air can fully utilize iCargo, an internet-based solution that manages and controls cargo logistics. 130 domestic and overseas stations have so far seamlessly implemented the system over approximately 2 years of intensive preparation. The result is combining the full scope of end-to-end cargo business functions of Korean Air – reservation, sales, terminal operation, revenue accounting, cargo portal and more – in a single, integrated system.
Korean Air’s next-generation cargo system, iCargo, has the most notable advantage when it comes to customer convenience. It enables the company to provide consistent service through an integration of sales-reservation-operation systems. It also provides up-to-date information via customized monitoring function and tracks the status of shipments in real-time through e-mail or SMS, depending on the customer’s preference.
The improvements to Korean Air’s user-friendly functions will continue through to March 2020. Korean Air will also introduce an AI-based Cargo RMS (Revenue Management System) solution, which is expected to improve company profitability.
Taking steps to migrate its entire IT system to Cloud by 2021, Korean Air will continue with its digital transformation to cope with rapid developments in the business environment. By dramatically improving customer experience, Korean Air will further strengthen its position as a leading carrier in the global cargo industry.
- Online Slot Machine Strategies – How to Beat them
- The best smartphone games to play while on vacation
- Work and play: how to safely work on your vacation
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys is Back with Two Ways to Earn
- Jetstar and Indigo partnership goes live
- American Airlines Announces Agreement to Purchase Boom Supersonic Overture Aircraft, Places Deposit on 20 Overtures
- New series reveals Sydney has all the ingredients for the ultimate holiday
- Centara appoints experienced Centara hotel manager for the group’s first address in Bangkok’s historic district
- ‘Cowra’s Canola Tours and Blooming Attractions’
- Da Vittorio Launch at Reverie Saigon Redefines Italian Fine Dining in Vietnam