Franklin County Visitors Bureau is pleased to announce the Totem Pole Playhouse Awards on May 19, at 5 PM. Yearly, Totem Pole Playhouse recognizes outstanding achievement in musical theatre production and performance by high school students in the counties surrounding the Playhouse. For this year’s event, it announced 58 nominations in 11 categories for the 6th Annual Totem Pole Playhouse Awards.
Shippensburg Area Senior High School in Franklin County, led all schools with a nomination in each of the 10 categories for their production of “Legally Blonde.” Three area high schools tied with 9 nominations each, two from Adams County, Gettysburg Area High School’s production of “Mamma Mia!’ and Biglerville High School’s staging of Stephen Sondheim’s, “Sunday in the Park with George” and James Buchanan High School in Franklin County for “She Loves Me.”
The remaining 13 nominations were shared between St. Maria Goretti High School in Hagerstown, MD, Forbes Road Junior/Senior High School in Fulton County, McConnellsburg High School and Waynesboro Area Senior High School in Franklin County.
All schools participating in the awards are also eligible for the best musical award named after Totem Pole Playhouse’s long-serving Producing Artistic Director, Carl Schurr.
The awards ceremony will be held on the stage of the Totem Pole Playhouse in Fayetteville, PA. Totem Pole’s Producing Artistic Director, Rowan Joseph, will host the awards ceremony, Sunday, May 19th at 5 PM. The event includes a the presentation of a number from each of the participating high schools as well as performances from the nominated female and male soloists.
Ticket prices are $10 for adults and $5 for students 18 and younger. Seating is very limited and on a first-come, first-serve basis. Tickets may be purchased on-line here or by calling the Totem Pole Playhouse at (717) 352-2164.
The Franklin County Visitors Bureau invites all to explore Franklin County PA and enjoy the great art, history recreation, natural beauty, fresh foods and warm hospitality of communities like Chambersburg, Greencastle, Mercersburg, Shippensburg, and Waynesboro. Franklin County PA is located just north of the Mason Dixon Line and is an easy drive to Washington DC, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh. Discover more. Plan your visit at ExploreFranklinCountyPA.com, by contacting 866.646.8060, or by visiting the Franklin County 11/30 Visitors Center on the square in Chambersburg.
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation