This May, the annual Singapore International Festival of Arts (SIFA) returns for its 42nd year, featuring a line-up of iconic artists from around the world alongside the very best from Singapore from May 16th to June 2nd.
SIFA will bring luminaries of the performing arts world to Singapore, with the likes of Ryuichi Sakamoto, Simon McBurney, Sasha Waltz, Bill Frisell and Tadashi Suzuki, as well as four of the best Singaporean artists, including Huzir Sulaiman, Claire Wong, Ho Tzu Nyen and Goh Boon Teck.
Guests will also enjoy performances from music powerhouses Sakamoto and Frisell along with renowned choreographer Waltz.
We Can Dance: We Can Dance is an interactive performance installation which invites audiences to imitate choreography in a recording booth to create a collaborative dance that is projected onto the Plaza National Library Building.
Peter and the Wolf: A story of courage, adventure and friendship, this award-winning adaptation of Sergei Prokofiev’s Peter and the Wolf (a beloved musical fairy tale) is a magical treat for young and old with music, puppetry and live animation. Perfect for the whole family this production will be performed from the 18th to 20th May.
De Relaxerette: De Relaxerette is a revolving installation, where audiences put on headphones and explore a collection of sounds and stories from Singapore and the Netherlands while resting in hammocks.
Suzuki Method of Actor Training Workshop: Developed by the internationally-acclaimed director, Tadashi Suzuki, this workshop aims to restore the wholeness of the human body in performance and, in doing so, discover the body’s innate expressive abilities. The workshop will be run by Kameron Steele on the 18th of May.
ST/LL: In this stunning performance-installation, Japanese artist Shiro Takatani’s meditation on silence unfolds in an exquisite multimedia staging, along with music by world-renowned composer, Ryuichi Sakamoto. ST/LL will be performed in the Esplanade Theatre on the 24th and 25th May.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience