Italy is the official partner destination of ITB China, set to take place from 15 – 17 May, in Shanghai. A corresponding agreement was signed by David Axiotis, General Manager of ITB China and Maria Elena Rossi, Marketing and Promotion Director of the Italian National Tourism Board during this year’s ITB Berlin. The Italian National Tourism Board will make its debut at China’s largest B2B travel trade show and will have a major presence in hall 1 of the World Expo Exhibition and Convention Centre. Italy will be the largest national exhibitor displaying its history and culture that is enriched with a unique combination of nature, food and lifestyle. The ITB China Italian pavilion will be showcasing the multitude of Italian tourism products and destinations among which are confirmed: Regione del Veneto, Vicenza e’Soc cons.R.L., Save Spa – Venice Airport, Venezia Unica Citypass by Vela Spa, Biella Tourist Board, Turismo Torino e Provincia Tourist Board, Easy Nite SRL, Verticalife, DMO Piemonte, PromoTurismoFVG – Friuli Venezia Giulia Region, Doubletree by Hilton Venice North and Venice events.
As the partner destination of this year’s ITB China Italy will co-host the ITB China Opening Dinner in the evening of 14 May 2019 set to take place in the Shangri-La Hotel Pudong, Shanghai. The Southern European country will fascinate visitors with a colorful program of events.
Maria Elena Rossi, Marketing and Promotion Director, Italian National Tourism Board: “Being partner destination of ITB China 2019 is outstanding particularly because of the high calibre contacts that we can establish here. This leading industry trade event offers excellent opportunities for us to meet top Chinese buyers as well as maintain existing contacts and find new customers. We are very much looking forward to presenting our products in the Chinese market for the very first time”.
David Axiotis, General Manager ITB China: “Italy is a top destination for Chinese tourists. ITB China offers an ideal platform for presenting the tourism products for Italy to Chinese buyers and trade visitors and for this beautiful country to become even more attractive to Chinese travelers in the long term. Acquiring partner destination status will bring great benefits to Italy”.
The Italian National Tourist Board promotes Italy in the world through their 28 branches. This year they celebrate their first 100 years as Tourist Board. The birthday coincides with the 500th anniversary of Leonardo da Vinci’s death. It is a splendid occasion to organize events on this Italian genius, mirror of the Italian creativity and innovation, throughout the country.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience