As the world braces itself for a fresh wave of environmental concerns in the lead up to Earth Month this May, Contiki announces a stand for positive change with an inspiring quest to find the “35 Under 35 Changemakers 2019”, championing incredible young people shaping the future.
35 Under 35 is an annual awards program with a mission to uncover and celebrate the unsung young people pioneering change in the world – and to ultimately crown one as Contiki’s new Sustainability Ambassador.
The major prize of Sustainability Ambassador includes mentorship by a leader in the sustainability industry; a platform to promote their cause and further it’s reach, and a storyteller mission – travelling with Contiki to experience first-hand, contribute to, and tell the story of a sustainability initiative in an incredible travel destination. In keeping with the theme of sustainability, the prize is not just an award but an incredible opportunity for the winner – designed to nurture, further develop and support their personal initiative.
This is the second annual 35 Under 35 awards, following on from last year’s inaugural awards. Nominations are crowd sourced from the public in every part of the globe, designed to acknowledge anyone doing their bit. The final list for this year’s awards will be determined by Seth Maxwell, CEO of thirst. The overall winner will be determined by public vote.
The awards program is fronted by six-two, the travel & lifestyle publication powered by Contiki. The theme of sustainability is aligned with Contiki’s mission through partner the TreadRight Foundation, that pledges to make a positive impact on people, the planet and wildlife. The awards are open to public nominations now via six-two. Anybody can nominate themselves, someone they admire, a friend or a business initiative that deserves to be on the list – so long as they are under 35 years old.
Katrina Barry, MD – Contiki commented “With the “35 Under 35” awards, we want to champion the people who are changing the game within the fields we care most passionately about. It’s in keeping with our philosophy that travelling sustainably and consciously, matters – and we know that this is also important to our guests now more than ever. At Contiki, we believe it’s important to empower young people and celebrate their successes, and of course use our own platform to showcase these incredible initiatives. We were so inspired by the applicants with our launch last year, we’re looking forward to seeing the incredible humans the 2019 nominations bring, and ultimately crowning one as our new Sustainability Ambassador”.
Know an incredible young person who deserves to be acknowledged for their sustainability efforts? Nominate them now, before entries close 5th May 2019.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience