Strong winds in Christchurch have caused disruption to Air New Zealand’s regional operations this evening.
The airline briefly suspended regional departures from the city earlier this evening when the wind strength meant ground staff who load and unload aircraft were required to stop activity on the tarmac, causing delays to seven regional services and one cancellation.
Jet operations from Christchurch Airport have continued to operate largely to schedule.
Customers booked to travel on a regional service from Christchurch tonight are advised to check the The airline also recommends customers ensure they are subscribed to Air New Zealand’s on the Air New Zealand website for their flight status. to receive any ongoing flight updates.
Air New Zealand apologises for the inconvenience caused however the safety of its customers and employees is paramount.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience