Wharf Hotels has appointed Roger Shing as Group Director Purchasing, strengthening its purchasing power with Roger as a respected new member of its robust Finance division.Spearheading the group’s procurement strategy, Roger will lead the pre-opening procurement programmes for new hotels, formulate strategic plans to develop new hotel products, guide purchasing decisions to support the group’s branding strategies, and establish standards across Wharf Hotels’ purchasing teams.
“Roger’s solid background in corporate procurement combined with his international network and business integrity makes him an ideal fit for Wharf Hotels, as we seek to streamline our purchasing
approach and put our guests comfort and well-being first. With 25 years of experience in hospitality procurement, I am delighted to welcome Roger to our team of professionals,” said Lucinda Chan, Vice President Finance, Wharf Hotels.
Formerly Corporate Director of Procurement for Rosewood Hotel Group based in Hong Kong, Roger oversaw 12 hotels in the region for its 3 brands, formulating strategic plans and purchasing standards. Previous roles included careers with Renaissance Harbour View Hotel Hong Kong and the Furama Hotel.
A member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS), Institute of Purchasing and Supply of Hong Kong (IPSHK), Roger holds a degree in business administrative management from the University of South Australia. An avid traveller, Roger is an 80’s British music fan, enjoys cooking and holds a black belt certificate in Karate.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience