Today the deLeuze family and ZD Wines unveiled the final stages of their renovated hospitality center, welcoming guests to a contemporary reception area, private tasting lounge, and custom kitchen. Sleek lines and refined natural elements come together in a modern aesthetic that puts ZD’s acclaimed wines at center stage.
Today the deLeuze family and ZD Wines unveiled the final stages of their renovated hospitality center, welcoming guests to a contemporary reception area, private tasting lounge, and custom kitchen.
The focal point of the new reception area is a large picture window showcasing the beautiful barrel room, allowing guests to peek into the working winery. Nearby, custom 13-foot tall sliding glass doors designed in Portugal enclose an inviting private lounge, complete with a fireplace and access to a patio garden. An extensive wine library showcases selections from their 50 years of winemaking before guests reach their new, modern kitchen.
Upstairs, tall glass doors blur the lines between indoors and out in the Vineyard View Tasting Room and Deck, where unobstructed vineyard views stretch from the east side of Rutherford all the way across the valley floor to the Mayacamas Mountains. A timeline told through historic bottlings and family photos provides an introduction to the winery’s rich history, which dates back to 1969.
“Decades ago, we offered tastings at a small bar tucked into the corner of our winery. Now, we can provide the opportunity to enjoy ZD Wines in a gracious, luxurious space that reflects our dedication to excellence,” said Brett deLeuze, President of ZD Wines. “We’re looking forward to the next 50 years of world-class wines.”
The winery has also introduced new hospitality experiences. Available now, the elevated offerings include:
- Vineyard View Tasting—This seated tasting in the well-appointed Vineyard View Room & Deck allows guests to enjoy a selection of current release award-winning wines while taking in the valley floor views of Rutherford. Hospitality professionals lead guests through ZD’s 50-year history, winemaking, and eco practices. Cost: $40 per person.
- The ZD Experience—During this unforgettable private cellar tour, guests explore ZD’s 50-year history, vineyards, and stewardship practices. After sampling wine maturing in barrel, guests are seated in the Vineyard View Room to a choice of current release Reserve wines or Library selections, along with artisanal cheese and charcuterie pairing. Cost: $125 per person.
- The Abacus Experience—The ultimate way to experience all that ZD has to offer, including its pinnacle wine, Abacus. This innovative solera-style wine is a blend of every vintage of ZD Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon dating back to 1992 (26 vintages). Guests will have a rare opportunity to taste the Abacus “solera” from barrel during their private cellar tour, along with other maturing wines. Afterwards, relax in the private lounge with a curated tasting of Reserve wines, including pours of a library and current Bottling of Abacus, paired with artisanal cheeses and charcuterie. Cost: $1000 for up to 6 guests.
Known for three core varietals, including Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon, ZD Wines also crafts two small production whimsical wines, named “Rosa Lee’s Whim,” and a 50th Anniversary Sparkling Cuvée. ZD also recently released their 20th Bottling of Abacus, ZD’s solera-style Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon.
ZD Wines is open daily from 10am – 4pm at 8383 Silverado Trail in Rutherford. Reservations are required for all tours, and highly recommended for the Vineyard View Tasting. Appointments can be made by calling (800) 487-7757 or emailing experiences(at)zdwines.com.
- Rare juvenile oarfish captured on camera for first time ever on Great Barrier Reef
- Tropical North Queensland sets new domestic records
- What’s New in Rockhampton QLD in 2022
- P&O Cruises Australia Marks The International Day of the Seafarer With an Array of Mouth-watering Treats Onboard Pacific Adventure