Sports tourism is a fast-growing sector of the global and Chinese travel industry. The JTB Group celebrates its premiere as the official Sports Travel Partner of ITB China, taking place from 15 to 17 May 2019 in Shanghai.
With over 1.100 offices in 38 countries, and over 27.000 employees, JTB is one of the biggest travel agencies in the world. With dedicated sessions devoted to sports tourism, the segment will be of importance at ITB China Conference, the Chinese travel think tank, running parallel to the show. On the second day, 16 May, 11.20 a.m., a keynote speech followed by a panel discussion by Kiyoshi Fujita, Japan Inbound Business Division Senior Manager, will give ITB China attendees extensive information about sports travel, which is a hot topic that will significantly impact the Chinese tourism industry. The panel discussion is focusing on the winter sports market that is paying particular attention to the growth of Chinese markets for inbound travel to Japan. Based on interviews with Chinese business leaders, sports travel will also be featured in this year’s ITB China Travel Trends Report, a yearly publication providing detailed analysis on Chinese market trends.
“For the first time we are exhibiting at ITB China, because we are very much focused on the remarkable growth of the Chinese travel market. We will participate as an official partner of sports tourism. Among all types of sports, we are paying particular attention to winter sports. We hope that many Chinese will enjoy the wonderful winter sports in Japan,” said Yasuhiro Tsuboi, Director and member of the board and head of Japan inbound business.
David Axiotis, General Manager of ITB China: “There is huge potential of sports tourism in China. It is something most of the people will participate in at some point in their lives. Numerous Chinese tour operators are investing in growing the number of sports tourism products offered to Chinese travelers. We are honored that JTB debuts as partner of this year’s sports travel segment.”
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience