The day will commemorate all Australians who served and died in war and on operational service past and present. Recently retired serviceman, Lieutenant Colonel Campbell Paine, will host the dawn service onboard as a representative of Legacy – a charity that provides support to Australian Defence Force families following the injury or death of a spouse or parent during or after their service.
As part of the service, Lieutenant Colonel Paine will read the well-known ANZAC poem, ‘ANZAC Cove’, written by his great uncle, Leon Gellert.
He will also share his personal perspective on the ANZAC Spirit and offer an insight into the history of Australians in war as part of a special presentation on ANZAC Day eve.
Guests will have the opportunity to enjoy a ‘Gunfire Breakfast’, play backyard cricket, a special game of Two-Up and view a screening of Gallipoli throughout the day.
Carnival will also host a special gathering in the RedFrog Pub for veterans, giving them a comfortable environment to get to know one another and share stories.
Carnival Cruise Line’s Vice President Australia, Jennifer Vandekreeke, said:
“We are honoured to host a traditional ANZAC service onboard Carnival Spirit for our guests and crew. The dawn service serves as a moment of reflection and remembrance and celebrates the ANZAC Spirit. We thank Lieutenant Colonel Campbell Paine for leading us in marking this important day.”
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation